Kandassamy & Curtis, your stuff is dumped in my street

Can there be anything more annoying than people dumping stuff in the street when they should be taking stuff to the dump?!?

In this case it looks like people have moved out of a flat, and the contents have been dumped in Glengarry Road. Any info to me please and I'll make a fuss to the council.

I can't find an address in the rubbish but have found two names: Kandassamy and Curtis. Any leads please text or call me 0742 961 1696.

Pic:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/charliemoseley/DSC_0336_zpssqkon3bn.jpg

.....or even by the cleaning contractor, who charges the letting agent a regular fee for taking clear-outs to the tip - and then doesn't go further than your street corner.

Have written elsewhere in EDF how upsetting I find the flytipping on local green spaces as well.

In our experience letting agents are just as complicit as cleaning firms. The landlord might be far away, in another city.

The agents turn a blind eye and constantly re-let neglected apartments. Because the incoming tenant (who has trekked the length and breadth of suburbia looking for somewhere remotely affordable) accepts the spiel 'all our properties are maintained to the highest standards'.

Cleaning firms notorious employers in twilight economy as well.

It's a racket.

Yeah, when this happened before it was a contractor that dumped similar crap, and Foxton's pressured them to come and collect it. But last time it happened I found a name and address on it, this time just names.

And yes pinecone, it was almost certainly not dumped by the tenants. Most landlords aren't slum landlords btw.

Charlie

Well, today the rubbish is all gone. Could have been the bin men doing a good turn, could have been the council having been alerted by a neighbour, could have been the landlord who spotted this forum post or the clearance company that dumped it in the street in the first place.

If you see rubbish like this dumped in the street, take a photo, look through the rubbish to try to find an address or a name, and bang on the door of the individual to try to establish how their rubbish got there. It is disgusting that people think it's OK to dump rubbish in the streets, and if there's enough pressure from residents they may think twice.

Charlie

It's time the Council prevailed on all the Estate Agents round here,

ALL the profiteering and opportunistic property persons making ????? as London house prices and rents soar,

to inspect their cleaning firms & see that they use the Council's own free services or pay at the tip as contracts specify.

Also that cleaners and janitors get a living wage and understand this country's law about waste.

Would this be Trading Standards?

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Charlie for raising this. I live in Glengarry road too and I am always picking pizza boxes, magazines,rubbish in front my flat that people around dump without any consideration of others. I find it disgusting and always wonder how people have been brought up really. Maybe the stuff you took a photo of does not belong to people living here; unfortunately all the small bits and bobs in the street do come from people living here.

Luana, Ring 7525 5000 and tell the enviro division that you have ongoing problems with litter and ask them to tidy it regularly and install a bin. I agree that litter-louts are prevalent so you have to use what resources you can to fight them. Don't be too proud to pick up some of it yourself: I do and it sure beats getting wound up and doing nothing. (I also tell the council about grotspots and ongoing problems.)