Road works, Underhill road between Belvoir & Langton rise next week

Anyone know what they are doing ? Came home friday evening to find "no Parking 11-03-14" sprayed several times up this section of road, with 4 arrows pointing to either side of the road. Tried to search on southwark website and it just came up as "proposed works" and no other info. Just curious to know whats happening right on my doorstep. Not had any leaflets about it ( not sure if they actually have to btw ) more speed control ?...people don't arf like to put their foot down going down the hill from Langton rise I've noticed.

Clearly working to subtle timing here - as Tuesday (when the work is down to be done) is refuse collection day in this part of Underhill (so that's going to make everyone's life easy). And the stretch to be resurfaced is one of the few parts of either Underhill or the roads generally around here to be pot-hole free and in relatively good nick. Nothing like prioritising around need (and yes, this is nothing like prioritising around need).

That is good, as they have significantly reduced accidents in that stretch of road - there were a number when I first moved in (25 or so years ago) - including a child being struck, as well as crashes into parked cars, but I think there have been no such accidents since the bumps were introduced.

Ok ..Good, as annoying as they are when you have a car as low as mine,They are great at stopping people putting their foot on the gas as they come down from the roundabout by the cemetery as they go towards Belvoir down the hill...so I don't have to play a game of chance getting out of my car, or pulling out. Also we have a lot of kids playing around here, so that reduces a risk to them too.

I wrote:-

As I feared, the brown bin collection was not completed as (I assume) there was a clash of vehicles between Conway and Veola.

The good news is that there was a catch-up collection the following day - apparently with the road on lights, and only one carriage-way available the bin men realised that they couldn't proceed without causing significant traffic problems. But simple liaison bewtween the roads and the environmental departments could have avoided this clash.

Work on restoring the road humps never progressed past the first one (closest to Belvoir) leaving two more, scheduled to be done today, undone. Work stopped mid-morning.

I assume that if it is started again tomorrow it will (again) interrupt the bin collection - making life more difficult for what most of us think of as vital workers.

And if it isn't, then parking will have been blocked on the road (in anticipation of the humnp work) for an extensive time.

I do wish the council and their contractors (Conway, of course) could get their acts together. They 'repair' the only part of Underhill which wasn't actually broken (no pot holes), they disrupt their own waste services on at least one day, if not two, and they discomode people living and parking locally, without ever giving anyone individual notice of their intentions. Just because of recent inclement weather conditions, it isn't a requirement that they be such a shower.

Same on Hillcourt Road. Dug the old road up without warning which involved moving about 20 cars, took away 3 sets of bumps, put one back, now have race track with fun obstacle.

Council / contractors claim 'they could not gain access to install the bumps'. The first bump was fine to install, as they sprayed the road with dates and markings, but failed to mark where the other two bumps were supposed to go. Idiots. couldn't make it up.thank god they all work for the council rather than somewhere they could inflict real damage.