More parking tickets moaning....

Grrr - Mrs Nutty got one yesterday for having half of one wheel on the kerb by Brockwell park. Had paid for pay and display space but as it was a low kerb hadn't noticed she'd not parked too neatly. ?120 fine under the "Parking on a public footway offence". Why do I get the feeling that this parking offence wasn't created for reasons like this?

Nutty,

I also picked up a ticket in Chestnut Road with one wheel about an inch on the kerb. The height of the kerb was less than half an inch and I failed to notice it.

After allowing time for my blood pressure to subside a bit I wrote a letter and was let off. Worth a try to save a lot of money - you have nothing to lose.

Send a PM if you need more info.

Good luck,

Graham

I had the same parking ticket a couple of weeks ago on Sunday near Dulwich Park, the road I think is called Gallery Road (goes past Belair House).

Dulwich Park car park was full so we drove around and Gallery Road was empty, there was a sign showing cars parked half on pavement which I took to mean we can do that there. 3 hrs later on my return, a ticket. I was the only car with a ticket, the other 20-30 cars (which had arrived after me) had missed the traffic warden !

Apparently the sign indicated you can only park half on pavement BEHIND the sign, not in front of the sign.

Oh fair enough then, here's ?60.

Hi,

There is a website which will advise and help you in avoiding parking tickets. The best way to find it is Google it.

I was fined for picking up my wife outside a shop that she had come out of. The camera spotted me and a ticket was issued. Sixty pounds is what they demand, if you want to appeal it then goes into the ?120 brcket (good eh), I paid the ?60 and appealed, this was dismissed. Having taken advice from the website advised them that they had acted illegally as I had not parked my car as I had not exited it. They chose to ignore my recorded delivered letter.

I took it to the small claims court and recovered my money plus costs plus interest!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Regards,

Libra Carr.

• 4 weeks later...