Burgled - Underhill Road (18th March 2014)

Hello

So upset and angry to say we were burgled yesterday - 18th March 2014.

Numerous electronics, their cables and other items stolen. It's a truly horrible feeling so I'm hoping that posting here will help people be even more vigilant.

Of course all windows & doors in our flat were locked, but the sash window was forced.

PLEASE

- never ever leave your premises with even a window ajar

- have restrictive locks and screws fitted to sashes so they can't be fully opened

- hide any high value items away. People are looking through windows

- always look out for neighbours and question any unusual activity. Someone was in our garden, on a main road, forcing a big window open with tools in broad daylight

- If burglar alarm goes off, yes it's annoying, but please check it out

A few months ago we had an Eastern European male repeatedly ring our doorbell during the day who liked startled when we answered and gave a very rehearsed excuse. So don't think "it'll never happen to little old me" - it does!

I'm so sorry to hear this whiterose , I was burgled a couple of years ago and it is truly awful . I'm on belvoir road and I've noticed how many people are around due to the new road surfaces being put down . Loads of strangers easy I would think to blend in ! I don't know what part of Underhill road you are but we've just started a new neighbourhood watch and were informed of a burglary yesterday at this end of Underhill/ belvoir . Just wondering if it was the same one ?

Working in the area latley, and always drive home the point to the boys 'never leave the front door open'never mind your tools ,these guys are looking to run in and grab what they can whilst you are scratching your arse out in the back garden.