London Bridge - new platforms, same old problems

Well, not a great opening day for platforms 14 and 15. The 08.50 from ED finally trundled into plateform 15 at 9.45 and there were plenty of trains backed up after us. I appreciate they're trying to reconstruct the station while still using as much of it as possible, but these sort of 'congestion' problems can surely be foreseen. I'd have preferred it if they'd cancelled a train or two so at leat you'd know you could make alternative arrangements.

I've really struggled to get any more detailed information on the changes. Presumably the closures in August and December are for similar platform juggling exercises. In the meantime the footbridge is getting shorter and shorter and the delays more painful.

I realise that we're only the customers, but it'd be nice to have a bit more comms. Southern can barely be blamed as they're just running the trains, but the Thameslink Programme are pretty quiet on the whole thing.

"They've been handing out info leaflets morning and nights for at least a week!" - Unlurked, yes they had, and then on Friday they cancelled the trains they had carfeully pointed out were still running so half the leaflet was a waste of time.

Today was my first time coming into the new platform 15, it was very narrow and took ages to get out. Lets hope it grows when the works get further on as 10 mins getting out of the station everyday is not fun.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Two platforms have opened and two others have

> closed. Why would you expect the problems to have

> got better all of a sudden?

Perhaps I should have titles the thread "... new platforms, worse problems". The huge delays on Monday were worse than the previous normal run of delays.

"too right they get abuse, such a rubbish service."

situation yesterday was grim and I missed an important meeting, but how does that justify abusing staff who had no part in the service problems, are paid little money and who are there to try and help you

You are just being a dick if you abuse them

BNG - fair enough. Actually my trains in the morning tend to be OK (I go in a fair bit earlier than you), but the unreliable trains home really, really infuriate me. Not least because of the lack of accurate information. There's not even a bar in the station any more for a swift half!

SJ - totally agree, anyone giving station employees abuse is a complete dick. There's a not-so-fine-line between complaining and aggressive behaviour.

Abusing staff is way out of line but complaining to them is fine, even if it is an event outside their control. They are the front line so dealing with ad hoc complaints is part of their job.

StraferJack Wrote:

> yeah I like those places

>

> I mean, I know they are transparent branding

> excercises but they are also places where I can

> drink something half decent

Me too - after all, you're usually stopping off for a swift one, so the mark-up's not a problem. If you spend all evening in a station bar you've got problems of a different sort ;-)

Tr? Wrote:

> Abusing staff is way out of line but complaining

> to them is fine, even if it is an event outside

> their control. They are the front line so dealing

> with ad hoc complaints is part of their job.

No it's not. There will be complaints procedures, I'm pretty sure "dealing with complaints" won't be in the job description for most station staff.

"even if it is an event outside their control. They are the front line so dealing with ad hoc complaints is part of their job."

I don't see how you expect them to "deal" with a complaint about something which you acknoledge is beyong their control. It sounds as though you think they should just be sounding boards for people to take some frustration out on.