Football-grounds car-park car wash -- police cordons --

The guy in charge of the car washing business was there today when I went to the Hamlet. The gate was locked shut with a private security guard and car there, with a dog. Car wash guy wasn't too clear when I asked him what had happened but clearly quite upset as his business is just stopped - he seemed to imply the new owner(?) doesn't want his business operating there in the car park.

Seems a shame if so - I went there a lot and it always seemed popular.

I stand to be corrected if anyone knows anything more.

I spoke to one of the workers on Friday when there were many of those 'dog vehicles' there. I inquired if they were closed for the day and she said no, come back later. Her excuse was they were waiting for "papers." Which I thought was a bit odd but perhaps there were a few workers that didn't have the appropriate visa, or at least couldn't produce it immediately. I don't know but when I went back later on Friday it was shut and has remained so. Hoping whatever issue they are having is resolved soon as my car desperately needs a wash!

There were two groups of workers, one group standing outside the gate having a smoke and laughing and another group that were all sat by the, what I thought were police, grouped together as if separated intentionally which is why I made this assumption when the girl said we are waiting on papers.....

Would be a real shame if it closed. I doubt it has anything to do with the location, it's perfect.

Hope that helps!

Jon

Hello

I know the guy in question and hes gutted, all staff have visas BTW but the new owner wants him off the carpark even though he has a full lease and is up to date on ret etc its going to court on Wednesday. Another sad exaple of a small succesfull business (been there 9yrs) being forced out to biuld flats apparantly....

What a shame these guys were fantastic and worked their backsides off for not a lot. I stood there one day and worked out they must make less than a pound per car each. I hope they sort it out or relocate somewhere nearby.

What a load if tosh people getting soaked waiting at the turnstiles I've never seen a queue for the football.

> What a load if tosh people getting soaked waiting

> at the turnstiles I've never seen a queue for the

> football.

Then you've never arrived after 2:45 of a Saturday to see the mighty Hamlet.

If it's any consolation, the terracing abutting the car park is known as "The Car Wash End" and will remain so, whatever the outcome of the current quarrel.

There's no doubt that it's possible to get wet if you're in the wrong position around the car wash area. It's happened to me when going through the car park and up the stairs to Sainsbury's.

But that doesn't mean the car wash should not be there. And they certainly shouldn't build flats there. Councillor Barber you've got the wrong end of the stick - the area needs more *facilities* such as schools, surgeries and indeed car washes. It does not need more residential complexes bringing in ever more families to stretch the limited existing facilities further still.

tshor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello

>

> I know the guy in question and hes gutted, all

> staff have visas BTW but the new owner wants him

> off the carpark even though he has a full lease

> and is up to date on ret etc its going to court on

> Wednesday.

Which court and time, and what action is to be heard then?

Right, there is no question at all about the legality of the workers (visas etc)

The owners are not planning on building on the land.

There was, apparently, an annual rent revue (which included electricity/water) and based on the land and business they were paying well short of current rentable/services value, I understand that they were told, happily, that there was no issue with the car wash being there HOWEVER 1) It would be moved to other end of car park and 2)Rent/services would be increased to todays effective valuation-They refused to accept this.

The new owners are a business not a charity-DHFC almost collapsed due to the lacksidasical approach from the previous owner.

The gates were not locked just kept closed (this is an emergency gate so would be illegal to do so)

The gates were generally* only opened to let players/officials in before K/O, managed at h/t so people could nip to Sainsburys and then closed again for first 20 minutes or so of second half. Gates were then opened so if people wished to leave early they could.

*Execptions wheelchair users, parents with buggies, bikes and if got busy close to KO, ST holders and those with correct money. (ST holders are now welcomed through the main door where we have programmes available)

There may well be more changes made in preperation for next season especially of we get promoted, more stringent league rules come into force

BR - thanks for being the middle man as it were. Is there someone from the club or Hadley you could ask to post on here directly?

And in your post re gates are you talking about the blue ones into the actual ground? To clarify in my original post I was talking about the one into the car park which, even if it wasn't locked, was certainly blocked by a security guy parked in a car with a dog.

Thanks