Mugged by the deaf

Afternoon all

Last Saturday night I was set upon by a gang of about 15 angry deaf people on the way out of the Bishop at closing time. They nicked my pone.

Anyone know who they were? Is there some kind of deaf society in Dulwich?

It's technically the most humiliating way to get mugged. At least there's some dignity when it's a gang of hoodies...

If anyone can shed any light I'd be ruddy grateful.

Ta!

I am totally serious! Definitely one of my most surreal Saturday nights. It was like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I tried to bargain with them outside, but communication was a little troublesome...

If anyone was out on Saturday and you can shed any light that'd be splendid!

It was late - like 2 or 3 am. Kicking out time in the Bishop basically. It was on the way out. One of them thought I was insulting them, so they all frantically sign-languaged each other and piled into me. One of them took my phone on the sly. It was a new samsung, so it'll fetch a pretty penny on ebay. MENTAL!

Actually I find it interesting that you are so surprised ebbrell79... I too have encountered large, noisy deaf groups behaving offensively - but actually, it's not so surprising, is it.... they represent a cross section of society, don't they? So you are as likely to find a bunch of t***ers amongst a deaf group, as you are hearing folk. And birds of a feather flock together - I'm sure that particular group 'bond' over many more things than simply being deaf. Why do we expect people with a disability to be well-behaved?

Anyway judging from his earlier post, my money's on Macroban...

Hi ebbrell79

I was in the Bishop with some mates on sat night although i left at around 11pm but I did see the group of deaf persons. I say group I only saw two really as we were not taking much notice of them. I'll check with my mates who I'm seeing tonight to see if they remember more clearly what they looked like and what time they left. I can remember one of them thinking 'you look far too young to be in a public house!'.

I'll check tonight and report back.

Bellenden - Um... I dont expect people with a disability to be well-behaved. That's not my point. They took my phone. I want it back. They could have been a rowdy bunch of abusive midgets for all I care. I just wondered if anyone knew where they might have come from...

They were 25 - 30ish I guess. There were a lot of them though. Probably somekind of Uni society or something...

Oh sorry ebbrell ... you really do have my sympathy and I really hope you get your phone back - I guess I was just responding to your first post: "It's technically the most humiliating way to get mugged. At least there's some dignity when it's a gang of hoodies..."

But I wasn't belittling your experience... I was just demonstrating how terribly liberal and East Dulwich I am. Sorry.