What are the rules for blue recycling bin collections?

Hello east dulwichers!

I was just wondering if anyone knew 'the rules' for the blue bin collections? Mine didn't get emptied this week but I heard them moving the bins around on Tuesday morning. So I'm guessing they looked in mine and refused it! All I have in there is newspapers and empty wine bottles. Not in clear bags, but they had emptied it when stuff isn't bagged before. Any ideas??

Might they sometimes decide not to empty a blue bin if it's got precious little in it? I'd be happy with that if so, even with one a quarter full: nothing there to rot, and time saved. In fact I'd be quite bothered at the waste if they trundled off for emptying a bin that contained just a few bottles and papers. If there are only a few bags in the green bin on the evening before collection, I sometimes stick them in a neighbour's part-filled bin.

A few weeks ago, one of my blue bins was moved by somebody during the night and wasn't collected. Your recycling doesn't have to be in clear bags anyway so that's no problem.

I have to have 2 blue bins for recycling (day for us is Friday by the way) and they're always emptied.

• 3 weeks later...

yes,idea is no bags as not fullty recyclable shop bags anyway...blue every other week green every other week brown every week due being food waste in green compostable bags go southwark website fill in form get free green bags delivered.

missed collection no wrong items in bin then call request re collection.

if bin gone missing call request new one often council forget where got it and if doesnt have door number on it.

they leave it elsewhere.

Apologies for taking this slightly off point, but we could really do with having two blue bins. Is it as simple as ringing the council and ask them to provide me with a second or do we only strictly get one? For information purposes, I'm a Camberwell resident.