Anyone else been attacked? 22nd April

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I've not posted before. I was attacked on Lordship Lane (Goose Green end) by 3 youths wearing black bandanas (with little white skulls on) covering all but their eyes tonight around 8.30pm. I was on my own on my way back from ED station. They tried to pin me to the wall and when I got around them they followed me down the street shouting at me and laughing and then one of them punched me really hard in the back. I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience, but they are clearly going out for trouble as they had hoods up and very plain clothes on, it was hard to identify much about them. I wasn't sure if they were after my phone or just up for a fight. Please be vigilant if you're alone even if it's not very late.

Report this to the police, cos about 6.30 tonight there was 3 youth same sort of description causing alot of trouble on dog kennel hill, it sounds very much like the same people, 2 were on mopeds and 1 was running in and out of the traffic and there was a redish car chasing them all.

I am glad you're OK, although understandably a bit shaken I would imagine. So, what a good idea it was to close the ED police station on Lordship Lane then. I hope the culprits are caught, tried and incarcerated. I imagine this isn't likely to happen.

Defintely a Police matter, but also report it to the Safer Neighbourhood Team (as SNT officers have better inroads to local community intelligence on anti-social behaviour). I'd also report it to Southwark's asb unit too. If these kids are local, and their parents are council tenants, there's a lot of leverage that Southwark can apply to deal with them. With summer months coming, and warmer nights, it does tend to draw out anti-social groups. A proactive approach accross all agencies is the most effective way to deal with it in my experience. And if they are riding mopeds, get the licence plates.

Edited to add; Sadly misi, if caught for anything other than serious violent crime, they are likely to get nothing more than a community order or service, with a period of tagging.

misi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am glad you're OK, although understandably a bit

> shaken I would imagine. So, what a good idea it

> was to close the ED police station on Lordship

> Lane then. I hope the culprits are caught, tried

> and incarcerated. I imagine this isn't likely to

> happen.

ED police station? There isn't one! & hasn't been for some time now.

No wonder they think they can carry on like this with lack of police presence.

Think I saw the same lot up by Peckham Rye near the corner with East Dulwich Road some time around 8.15 yesterday evening. Three of them, dressed quite plainly as you say with the same bandanas covering their faces. I was out running in a group and they came at us and would perhaps have tried to start hassling us except we didn't stop so it was all over in seconds. Didn't really think that much of it to be honest beyond looking back to give them the stink-eye for a second or two. Had forgotten all about it by the time we finished the run. Not pleasant to think they were causing more serious trouble elsewhere.

Thinking about it, there was another group of kids a little further on, with mopeds. They were just standing around not getting up to anything but I got the impression there was something between this lot and the three trouble-makers. Couldn't say whether this means they were all together somehow, or whether instead the three trouble-makers had just hassled this other group... Sorry, not all that useful!

• 4 weeks later...
This afternoon after School at a bus stop by West Dulwich Station my son and his friends were robbed and assaulted by 3 young men. These young men later robbed someone else and were caught on cctv by Dulwich College. All 3 are now in custody.