Gary Glitter - live at The Goose Green

MrBen

Otta Are you sure? It's probably widely known their first gig was at Samuel Jones' sports ground in the village. Then they played gigs at The Castle, the pub almost opposite Southampton Way in Peckham (don't know if it's still there). Both of these came about as Alan Lancaster's father (he was the original bass player) worked at Samuel Jones, based in Southampton Way. Never heard of them playing in the Uplands though, although Francis Rossi used to live in Underhill Road and above the co-op (now estate agents)on L.L., so it does seem logical.

Thanks, Jah Lush, I didn't know that. Genuinely fascinating to hear this fact.

My own personal experience of seeing a band right at their outset was going to see Iron Maiden playing in The Green Gate pub in Bethnal Green Road in about 1977. Just goes to show, little acorns etc etc!!

I seriously doubt it MrBen. It's possible he played there but we can't be sure without any proof. I've always known the pub as the East Dulwich Tavern or EDT for short. I rather think the cabbie was pulling your plonker.

Adonirum - I saw U2 at the Marquee Club when they first started out.

He probably makes up something similar for each drop off, tailored just in time for the tip.

*points at The Nag's Head*

"See that pub there? That used to be called The Burgess Park and Spandau Ballet played their first gig there" etc etc

An amusing game with blow ins like me.....