Old police station redevelopment

The Educational Finance Agency appointed their technical team earleir this month. They're now working on the design and Project Plan. My understanding is that they'll submit planning applciation early summer after consulted with the neighbouring area.

Hopefully demoiltion will occur in parallel once plans submitted.

Building then starts early Autumn.

unlurked Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Amazing coincidence that both police stations, one

> recently closed without a fight are now going to

> be schools leaving ED without local police.

> Spooky.

What do you mean by both police stations? Only the Lordship Lane police station is going to a school. Or, am I missing info in another police station and another school?

LondonMix Wrote:

> EDMummy is right. The Old Police station on

> Crystal Palace Road has been granted permission to

> redevelop the site into housing.

>

> http://planningonline.southwark.gov.uk/AcolNetCGI.

> exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&The

> Systemkey=9551354

Gosh, I'm struggling to see all the flats plus 5 four bedroom houses fit on that site! They'll be hideously small .... And another plan for basements approved! Completely driven by money hungry developers trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the site. We'll end up with another Toy Town development like the one on the corner of Barry and Underhill.

unlurked Wrote:

> Amazing coincidence that both police stations, one

> recently closed without a fight are now going to

> be schools leaving ED without local police.

> Spooky.

Apologies. My mistake. Only one cop shop not two.

Hi unlurked,

I wouldn't call a 4,000 person petition to save the former East Dulwich Police station losing it without a fight.

The first proposals to close it were from Val Shawcross and Ken Livingstone. But ironic that it was closed by Boris Johnson on a campaign ticket of not closing this police station without providing a proper alternative.

But once closed June 2013 it's then a matter of getting the best possible use for the site. WE need more local schools. So after a lot of work we've ensured it's going to be used for a new primary school rather than housing aggravating the need for more schools.

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi unlurked,

> I wouldn't call a 4,000 person petition to save

> the former East Dulwich Police station losing it

> without a fight.

> The first proposals to close it were from Val

> Shawcross and Ken Livingstone. But ironic that it

> was closed by Boris Johnson on a campaign ticket

> of not closing this police station without

> providing a proper alternative.

>

> But once closed June 2013 it's then a matter of

> getting the best possible use for the site. WE

> need more local schools. So after a lot of work

> we've ensured it's going to be used for a new

> primary school rather than housing aggravating the

> need for more schools.

Haha. Everytime you attempt to try to defend lib con dem complicity your 'facts' get more and more elaborate and distorted! Next week you would have chained yourself to a cell door in your committment to save the cop shop. Lol. Anyway, my earlier mistake was interpreting "old police station" as indeed the old station on CPR, and not the new station on LL. That is because i'm a long term ED resident and not a seagull resident - fly in, make lots of noise, shit on the area and fly off again.

• 6 months later...

It's just the relentless cramming of every tiny bit of space. Next we'll have cases made for building up since there'll be no horizontal space left-especially if back gardens begin to be sliced and diced by developers.

Recently went past Nine Elms and shocked to see Boris' grand vision if a skyscraper tunnel rapidly realised. No more views of the river-all sold up to international developers.

The density on the site will be 525 habitable rooms per hectare ,much higher than Southwark's recommended 200-350 .

http://planningonline.southwark.gov.uk/DocsOnline/Documents/341017_1.pdf

But the room sizes all meet the reguirements and apparently high density is ok if the standard of the design is exemplary .

Though how ones balances a largely subjective criteria against an absolute ,I don't know .