81 East Dulwich Grove

nosila

Its been about 3 years. Its owned privately I believe, purchased in 2001. I imagine the owners have just let it fall in to disrepair for one reason or another. Its really annoying walking past it, as I would love to live in one of those house, perfect location for us. For one to just sit empty like that is really sad. Shame really, last known selling price for it was ?118,00 would be worth over triple that now!

Thanks GinaG3. We walk past it every day and it is pretty disgraceful for a property to be left in that state for so long. We have just checked land registry and looks like leasehold is held by Amicus Horizon housing association.

Could well be housing association. I remember seeing the tenants moving out years ago. It wasn't board up at the beginning if I recall but must of had issues with security as they installed all the grilling and the high security door. I think there are a few housing association and hostels around that area. Shame they aren't doing anything with it, especially given so many people are desperate for housing locally.

Date: 29 April 2014 16:16:16

Subject: FW: Enquiry: Property at 81 East Dulwich Grove

Dear sir

I refer to your email dated 26 April 2014.

The property is under going major refurbishment works and work will commence there in two weeks. We will let the property as soon as work is completed.

Thank you very much

Nosa Idemudia

Lettings Coordinator London

Avenue Lettings

Although it appears to have been empty and unloved for some time, Housing Associations do not have unlimited access to funds for major works, so it may have taken some time for it to reach the top of the funding pile - if work is starting soon that should add to social housing locally - which must be a good thing. If it's 'refurbishment' that may come from a different budget allocation than acquisition or new build - and may well be competing for funding with tenanted properties. Obviously they should be funding necessary repairs on currently tenanted properties as a priority (I would hope) before expanding their housing stock.