Routemaster on Barry Road

Yay! You could jump on and off anywhere and hang off the back with the wind in your hair - ah, nostalgia :)

Course it was hell upstairs because it was full of smoke :(

But hey, they looked good :))

And one conductor on the number 12 won some award - might have been an MBE actually -mfor being such a brilliant conductor (he was always in a good mood and he used to sing to the passengers - certainly cheered up the journey :) )

I prefer routemasters to bendy buses

the problem with bendy buses is you wait for ages for a bus to turn up, then two arrive at the same time, joined in the middle !!

When is Bo Jo going to make good on his promise

route 12 first is what I say !!!

you say "yet".... I tried to bust it before he was elected... n'er mind eh?

I sometimes still hop in the 15 service to and from Tower Bridge to go between offices - I was (and am) a fan of them but I am reconciled to the idea now - times move on and the bendies do have some advantages (and yes some disadvantages too)

But the truth is if both Ken (originally pro) and now Boris (also pro) can't find a way to keep them or bring them back, one would imagine it was a pretty compelling reason why

Because they were too bloody small, that's why. I am short of 6ft, but couldn't sit straight in a Routemaster double seat, it was incredibly uncomfortable. And more than once had to look at my toes to avoid getting imbroiled in one of those 'sideways-seats-at-the-back-are-for-4-people / no-they-aren't-there's-only-room-for-3' arguments.

Sorry. I know they were pretty, and I liked the hop-on, hop-off thing but I was perfectly happy to wave them bye-bye.

Oh, and on the hop-on/hop-off thing I've heard (2nd hand) of someone who fell off one misjudging her step. While holding a baby...

I'd judge it was her own fault for being stupid, but in today's climate that sort of thing means elfnsafety probably wouldn't approve.