Wounded Cat on Oglander Road

Just saw this cat around 68 Oglander Road at 7.45. Tried to approach but it was very cautious, kept moving from porch to porch. It generally looked pretty weak and wasn't too speedy, so it's probably still nearby.

Some fur was missing from its back and head and one of its eyes looks severely damaged. If anyone knows the owner or are able to take in a cat, hopefully it'll be ok.

I'm happy to take to vet to check for a microchip if anyone sees him I can pop down with car & cat basket.

I had a look round last night & couldn't see him.

I felt like the pied piper of east dulwich at one point as I was rattling a few cat biscuits in my hand and tchu,tchu tchuing and ended up being followed by several tabby cats - no black cats though - I'm hoping I didn't look too suspicious - there is probably a thread on me now "strange person walking up and down Oglander road making hissing noises looking into gardens"

I will have another look around this afternoon

I've also asked Jphobia to give me a bell if she sees him.

As Kalamity says could just be an elderly cat with an eye problem who is now safely tucked up at home after a wander round the street yesterday. Though, I think if he's spotted still out and looking poorly it's worth getting the vet to check for a chip & that he's OK

I know this cat his owners live in next door us for years he looks rough but has definatky looked like that for many years it was worse when his eye was falling out. he fights foxes and dogs his owners live at number 29 Marsden Road and he is pretty much always been wild. Thier other cat Toby is a nieghbour hood hero and a street favorite. Its not for a lack of trying to care for him. the black one has just always been wild. SHOCK HORROR !! SOME ACTUAL FACTS ON THE FORUM FOR A CHANGE. NOT EVERTHING IS RELATED TO BAD PEOPLE THAT NEWCOMERS ARE SCARED OF. he he

Ah that's great - glad to hear he lives nearby - thanks for the update tshor

Not sure what your getting in your last sentence though "SHOCK HORROR!! . . ." etc

Cat looked ill - someone was concerned he might need help - people expressed concern on forum - turns out cat has a home nearby - wasn't a massive drama - although I think if I'd seem a cat wandering around with an eye falling out I might have been had a bigger reaction

tshor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know this cat his owners live in next door us

> for years he looks rough but has definatky looked

> like that for many years it was worse when his eye

> was falling out. he fights foxes and dogs his

> owners live at number 29 Marsden Road and he is

> pretty much always been wild. Thier other cat Toby

> is a nieghbour hood hero and a street favorite.

> Its not for a lack of trying to care for him. the

> black one has just always been wild. SHOCK HORROR

> !! SOME ACTUAL FACTS ON THE FORUM FOR A CHANGE.

> NOT EVERTHING IS RELATED TO BAD PEOPLE THAT

> NEWCOMERS ARE SCARED OF. he he

Cat was reported to Celia hammonds ages ago, the cat,if the same one I know about, is an uncastrated male with a skin allergy . I can't imagine the owners care if they don't get him castrated, not only does he injure other peoples cats , he is also likely to get fiv. The cat I know of is fed by someone in marsden road who thinks its a stray. A few months ago it could just about walk.