Problems getting parcels delivered by royal mail

Just wondered if anyone else living on grove vale or thereabouts is having the same problem as me. For the last few months ever since we moved in every time we have a parcel delivered we are left a 'sorry you weren't in' card even though i know very well i was! The doorbell definitely works too so thats not the problem.

Sita

I think it's happening more often pretty much everywhere - I think someone even said the office admitted it because it meant the delivery drivers could get through a lot more "deliveries" that way. It has certainly happend to me a few times

My suspicion is that it's part of the general target-culture and wind-down of the whole service before selling it off

On the plus side, unless it's mega-important I quite like a pootle down to the sorting office of a Saturday morning a meet a few people in the queue

Well, its just that I went down to the royal office delivery place this morning to pick up all the parcels i've been 'out' for and pointed out politely that i was definitely in this morning when it was supposedly delivered because I was waiting for it. The post woman came out and completely flipped out, screamed at me in a very very agreesive way and then slammed the door in my face. I didn't go down there to complain and I really can't see what I did to provoke her to react that way. Bit shocked really!

I have a slightly different problem in that I didn't even get the 'you weren't in' cards. Someone has attempted to send me a parcel twice - the first disappeared off the face of the earth and so the second was sent registered mail. The tracking system showed a delivery was attempted but I received nothing.

Annoying as, by the time I worked all this out, it was being returned to sender.

Yes it was a bit upsetting really. Wasn't expecting to be treated so rudely! I hadn't meant it as a personal attack at the post woman I was simply enquiring whether there was a problem with the doorbell or something so that I could fix it. However, obviously I managed to upset her somehow!

Was that at Silvester Road? There are usually three different people who work on the counter and she's the least pleasant by far. The other two (males) are fine and helpful, in my experience.

Edited for spelling.

Yes at silvester road. A lovely man greeeted me at the counter but when I said I had been in he went off to get the woman who delivered to my area I think and its then that she came out to start the screaming! I'm considering complaining formally, it doesn't seem right to be treated like that completely unprovoked.

A lot of delivery guys don't even give you a chance to get to the door once they've rung it (unless of course you've spent all day sitting on the steps facing the street door in great anticipation for their arrival). On many occassions I've seen, when the van turns up, a form being filled in even before delivery person gets out of the vehicle or even sometimes they pull up have a look at area and just drive off (and not just because they're lost).

On a different note but still related to post... up at work we've not recieved post for the last three days. We've literally just had it all delivered now to be told this is likely to be a more regular occurance as they've just laid off loads of workers... ED be warned the end is nigh! ::o

Poor you!

The two times I've been in there I've had a very chirpy good morning by the guys which was a welcome change for the extremely moody ones I was used to in Brixton.

Although on neither occassion have I been asked for ID to prove that I am who I say I am so I hope that any "You were out cards" don't end up in anyone else's hands...

I have complained to Royal Mail recently because they were leaving parcels outside the door! They have done this to our neighbours as well... They said they would clean up their act, now we just get the red cards :-S

Aah the joys of Silvester road sorting office. . . last time I was there the lady infront of me had to pick up a parcel that was supposedly 'too big for her letterbox' - it was about the size of the A4 envelope- so seems they hadn't even attempted to deliver that one.

Clinker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have complained to Royal Mail recently because

> they were leaving parcels outside the door! They

> have done this to our neighbours as well... They

> said they would clean up their act, now we just

> get the red cards :-S

xxxxxxxx

I have also complained in the past about this, but at least it's better than the parcel firm who left a card (after I'd been out all day) saying "parcel is in the bin" - and it was :-S On top of the rubbish bags :))

Luckily it wasn't bin day .....

:))

The other funny thing was one time a parcel was left on my doorstep (I subsequently discovered) and nicked. It contained a book called "How to save money on just about everything" - clearly whoever nicked it had already read it :))

I can't speak for SE21/2, but in SE1 (where I used to live) there was a standing order that if a building had more than one dwelling inside (so conversion or block of flats) they weren't to ring the bell but just leave a "while you were out card", to make sure deliveries were completed on time. Could be the same thing here?

my posties are great, always the same woman delivering parcels with a cheery smile and 'good morning' (Mr. Asset compulsive ebayer so she's here fairly frequently!). Regular postie is new and he's pretty cheery too.

I've never had a problem in there. Although I've never been served by the woman in there either. Just cheerful service from the blokes, and ID properly checked when needed.

I tend not to go on Saturday mornings, which may also count for something.

MW74

You could try

All other general enquiries From within UK - 08457 740 740

International callers - +44 1752387112

Textphone 08456000606 8am - 7.30pm, Monday to Friday

8am - 2.30pm on Saturdays Call this number to contact a Customer Service

A depressingly patronising website tho'

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/customerservice1?catId=400144&mediaId=75100716

We had no post for 4days last week. We live in a converted house with 5 other flats and everyone else go theirs...ours arrived altogether on Saturday. Very odd.

We've had probs in the past with parcels going missing. A couple of years ago all of my birthday parcels went missing. The cards that did turn up were opened at the sides to see if money was inside.

I did ring Royal Mail a few times in the early days - when all my pressies went walkabout. You can't have more than one complaint. I had to log each one individually which meant that they couldn't easily see that one address was having a few problems.

Things have improved tho - we have the same cheery lady as Asset now so maybe it was worth the hassle...

MW74 - did you have any luck/have you got your post?!

still nothing....haven't got the energy to ring! same ol same ol guff they give you. The postie that did our round for the past 20 years has retired and we haven't got a replacement. I did collar a postie down the road on Friday at about 10.30 am to ask what the bloody hell was going on. Apparantly the 'morning' post that we have come to expect and rely on, will now be turning up at midday or after! what nonsense. And our old postie rang twice.

Hi,

I buy lots of Amazon books so to avoid 'needing to be' in I've paid for a PO Box at the Silvester Rd collection point. Usually works well (the guy Melvin there is great) but some letters sent there have been returned to sender as 'address inaccessible', all a bit of a mystery.

Simon