Painted road signs

In my view, the painted signs - stating the name of the relevant road - on the facades/sides of houses in ED have great character and lend great charm to the area as a whole. Although there are plenty of these signs the vast majority are worn/illegible.

Perhaps this has been discussed before but, personally, I think it would be great for owners/the council to re-paint these where appropriate/permitted. It would preserve the distinctive nature of ED (I do not know of any other areas in London which have retained these signs) and it would permit the removal of some visual pollution (modern signs/signposts).

For those who wish to see what they could like I note that the 'Chesterfield Grove' and 'Melbourne Grove' signs have been re-painted on two of the houses at that junction and they look great.

I agree - think this is a great idea. Maybe James Barber could help in terms of whether this is something the council can do?

I'd also love to know if anyone has the number of someone who can do the painted house numbers outside individual houses. There are a couple of houses on Melbourne Grove with this but I am yet to track down anyone who knows how to do it.

The new street signs have red paint that fades very quickly. Some of them - I suppose the ones that get a lot of sunlight - have faded to nothing. Too much to ask that the paint could've been checked for its hardiness?