Name of Gas contractors excavating Goodrich Rd

Hi Anyone know their name? They were here last week digging up the road and reconnecting the gas to houses in Goodrich Rd.

I need to contact them asap. Or how can I get hold of their name?

Thanks

Muser.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: James Barber gave me the email address of the CEO of Southern Gas Networks. It is now all sorted and I am very impressed! The guys working the street were great but the job they did on our house was neither safe or attractive. A vulnerable gas pipe against the wall and inside a botch job connecting to the meter! The Team Manager contacted me immediately and he and the gang manager visited, agreed with my complaint. Have kept in touch along the line and are making amends this coming Friday.

Very impressed and thankful to all concerned.

muser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

The guys working

> the street were great but the job they did on our

> house was neither safe or attractive. A vulnerable

> gas pipe against the wall and inside a botch job

> connecting to the meter!

and

"The problem we had is totaly unrelated to the other houses in Goodrich Road. If you have a problem then contact them if you havent then dont."

xxxxxxx

It's a bit harsh (and came across as quite rude) to criticise me for suggesting that if some people had done a botch job on your house then they might have done a botch job on other houses in the same road!!

ETA: Poor work on gas connections can have lethal consequences.

Yes looking at it again perhaps it was a bit harsh, my apologies.I should have explained teh unsafe and unattractive reference was to the gas pipe in to our house is on the outside of our wall on the pavement and the interior work needed to be repositioned. I would certainly have warned peeps had the work been found to be unsafe. I was just very impressed at how they are dealing with our problem. Complimenting a utility company is something I'm not entirely used to.

muser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I would certainly have warned peeps

> had the work been found to be unsafe.

xxxxxxx

Don't want to labour the point (sorry if I am) but you did say that "the job they did on our

house was neither safe or attractive."

I took that to mean that unsafe work had been done on your house by contractors who had also worked on other houses in the road.

So just to sort out yours, however satisfactorily, would not sort out any similarly unsafe work done on other houses unless those houses had also been checked to make sure they were safe.

If these are the same contractors who were recently working in Barry Road, there was a strong smell of gas after they had gone, which a resident reported.

I would never take any chances at all with gas, and it is possible that your neighbours may not have noticed anything wrong with the work done, which was why I asked whether the team leader (or whoever) had checked work done on other houses after you had reported a problem with the work done on yours.

Yes I realise that and apologised for that and explained that the 'neither safe or attractive' was referring to the pipe taking the gas in to our house. to go into more detail if you wish, I have explained it is a pipe attached to the side of our house from the pavement, therefore vulnerable to vandalism and as we are at a crossroads where accidents occur a car may indeed crash into it. It is ugly. Inside work, positioning was not thought out.

There was a bad smell of gas when they left and the gas emergency service were called and attended several times.

i am sure there is a legal requirement that they check everything for safety before switching on the gas connections to all our houses.

So dont worry.

Without intending to be rude, I would like to end the conversation there. If you do wish to communicate with me please PM me , I am sure everyone has had enough of our chat

Best

Muser