Trim your bushes

As a fairly new resident, my exploration of the south is continually hampered by the amount of overgrown bushes impeding my path.

Some roads offer little more than a small opening. Can people please trim their bushes.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj536/leefedden/3c32121b-b9d5-4fc7-9f9f-03f2c4346c34_zps147457cf.jpg

This goes for the council as well, the trees on Barry road are just top to tail leafy stumps, they offer nothing but a hinderance and offer no aesthetic pleasure.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj536/leefedden/2ef7aaef-1085-4b0d-9356-faa88b958348_zps71a23dc6.jpg

I regularly trim my bush... Usually with a smirk on my face.

Joking apart, I've often wanted to offer to loan some of my neighbours my power trimmer as their overgrown bushes are so annoying on a narrow path

tommy_guy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the number, I shall call the council to

> complain about their bushy stumps.

>

> Am I allowed to name and shame residences with

> unruly bushes on the forum? I am willing to run a

> community bush watch.

FFS, do you seriously have that much time on your hands?

If this is your biggest problem in life, then good to you!

Seriously, get a life!

lane lover Wrote:

> FFS, do you seriously have that much time on your

> hands?

>

> If this is your biggest problem in life, then good

> to you!

>

> Seriously, get a life!

Agree.

Unfortunately most people with unruly bushes have too little time on their hands (myself included).

What time they do have is spent trying to catch up with the more important things in life.

A trimmed bush would get more attention. Friends will follow and chores become jobs halved through sharing.

If it's that much strain PM me your address and I'll come by at the weekend and sort out your bush. I'll accept a beer as payment.

tommy_guy Wrote:

> A trimmed bush would get more attention. Friends will follow and chores become jobs halved through

> sharing.

>

> If it's that much strain PM me your address and I'll come by at the weekend and sort out your

> bush. I'll accept a beer as payment.

Do you need access to a rear entry or will you just dive in from the front?

lane lover Wrote:

> hands?

>

> to you!

>

> Seriously, get a life!

Well LL, If you're able to be so dismissive of the matter then 'good to you'.

Me, I've sustained severe spinal damage which means I now walk, laboriously, with crutches and my balance is shot. Dodging around overgrowth, especially on uneven paving, is a real hazard.

Still, as it's no bother to you, maybe I should just 'get a life'.

Well said, Muley. The same goes for those with limited or non-existent eye-sight, limited mobility, or who have to care for children, pets or the elderly as they go about their business.

So, LL and AM - having obstruction-free highways allows other people to "get a life", like the one you proudly suggest everyone should have.

• Administrator

Please discuss the subject of untrimmed bushes. Why does it so frequently drop to the level of discussing the individual making a point and not the subject. That's rhetorical, don't answer it.

Play the ball and not the player.

So, back to unruly bushes...

lane lover Wrote:

> tommy_guy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Thanks for the number, I shall call the council

> to

> > complain about their bushy stumps.

> >

> > Am I allowed to name and shame residences with

> > unruly bushes on the forum? I am willing to run

> a

> > community bush watch.

>

> hands?

>

> to you!

>

> Seriously, get a life!

Hanging unkempt trees and bushes can all be real hazards for blind people.

Serious injuries can result from someone walking into bushes left overhanging..

So priorities about what is more important needs to be addressed.

and a little consideration for others.

DulwichFox.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

> A hedge in the front. I'll probably buy a little

> Bosch one. They're not all that expensive.

You won't get very far into an overgrown bush with a little Bosch...

hi to all you untidy bush owners !! if you have no time or equipment to trim your own !! I offer a fair price trimming service charged by the meter all trimmings removed [if you have no way of getting rid of the trimmings yourself ]

i cut the hedges with a petrol cutter , so no need for extension leads etc!! [also you don't need to wait in!! ]

drop me a call or message, names E on 07447 168085 or email me , [email protected]

don't delay trim your hedge today !!! [ or ask me too!!]