To the person who put an anonymous note through my door threatening to poison my dogs

Firstly I apologise that their barking has disturbed you. I was not aware they were barking a lot and I think a more neighbourly way of approaching this would have been to tell me before you threaten to put poison in my garden to kill them. I am quite shaken at the violence of the note and have informed the police.

I would ask that if you read this, please PM me. Of course I do not want my dogs bothering anyone and now that this has been brought to my attention I will try to ensure it does not happen in future.

of course. i think a conversation is a much more civilised way of dealing with this rather than threats. I have spoken with my immediate neighbours who hadn't told me there was a problem, but now say there is barking from about 3-4pm until 6. I understand how irritating that can be but I didn't know. No one wants anonymous threats posted through their door - I had an attempted break-in only recently and it is quite scary to feel that this neighbourhood - which I have lived in for many years- is becoming so threatening and unfriendly.

I take your point, but many of the people on this forum (including me) do not use their real names...I thought starting a conversation might help. Quite frankly, I am a bit scared by the tone of the note and reaching out and getting a response would make me feel slightly better.

I did Report it, not to be vindictive but to make sure if dogs/cats in the area are poisoned they know and *might* investigate.

If anyone else has similar threats I would urge them to report it. Police were quite shocked at tone of note and fact that no one had been bothered to approach me in a 'more neighbourly way'.

Yes it's very worrying , I have a cat. Last night or the night before my wooden bench, wooden slate was broken , it's quite rotten but it make me think has someone been over the fench. Iam on ulverscroft road backing onto fellbridgeroad gardens. Will be more vigilant!

How horrible for you and I quite understand how concerned you must feel. Even if the person did not feel able to have a quiet conversation with you - a simple note would have been fine, but to threaten your animals is dreadful.

Glad to hear you reported it and hope it was all a case of someone going over the top in the heat of the moment and sincerely regretting their actions now.

sandnot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes it's very worrying , I have a cat. Last night

> or the night before my wooden bench, wooden slate

> was broken , it's quite rotten but it make me

> think has someone been over the fench. Iam on

> ulverscroft road backing onto fellbridgeroad

> gardens. Will be more vigilant!

Sandnot, it's a while ago now but I noticed the bench in our garden had been broken presumably by taking someone's weight coming over the fence and we were burgled the next day. Sorry for the potential alarm but I think it's reasonable to assume someone was scoping - make sure you keep anything worth stealing out of sight of back windows as well as front. And ideally do what you can to make getting over the fence harder eg move the bench.

I'm sure no-one is going to poison your dogs.

Only an imbecile tells in front what they're going to do, so you can show their note to the police as evidence.

You probably bore the brunt of a very pissed-off person who's suffered the barking for an extended period / on frequent occasions.

Yes, they should have approached you face to face and their method is unacceptable.

Obvious solution - address the dog, that way everyone's happy - including the dog.

Whereabouts are you?

I live in Oakhurst Grove and twice in the past three days one of my young cats has brought in a small piece of fresh cut raw chicken at night. Fortunately he has no interest in eating it and just pushes it around the floor but I'm wondering where on earth it might have come from and it seems odd that it's clearly fresh.

I'm quite concerned about it as it's unlikely to be something he'd just find lying around.

One of our old greyhounds was poisoned and died as a result of it. Someone had put out poison near waste bins which were outside a local caf?. These bins as they were wheelie bins attracted local foxes who pulled apart the overloaded bags of food waste. Our dog was a devil at picking up food in the street and had grabbed something near this bin before we could stop him. He died 2 days later in the vets following a mass haemorrhage The vet identified rat poison.

Our dogs used to bark in the morning when first let out in the garden and our neighbour complained directly to us and stated that if they carried on she would report us to Environmental health. We put muzzles on to them after that.

What a frightening thing to experience. Do your dogs have access to the outside when you aren't there? If they do then you wouldn't know if they are barking outside or inside. I used to live next door to someone with three dogs who were inside all day and they barked a lot when the owners weren't there, including at night when they went out for an evening.

If they don't have access to the outside then it must be someone very close to you who can hear them.

Why not try knocking on immediate neighbours doors and ask if they can hear your dogs when you aren't there and study their faces very carefully to see if they look ill at ease.

I have no idea how you can stop dogs barking when you aren't there. Do you have someone who can come in to visit them when you aren't there? I guess they are suffering separation anxiety.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Or... Address the dog and his anxiety, which is

> what's actually the problem.

Correct KK - recent TV programmes have shown the anxiety that many dogs feel when their owners are not there, one couple were so upset by the dog's obvious stress that one of them immediately gave up their job.