ED Deli closing

What a shame, though it has changed over resent years, when it first opened it was a real local treasure, their coleslaw was the best.Also I would often buy a whole quiche, when having friends round in the Summer, I never let on I had not made it myself!!

We used them constantly in spite of the manager's absolute and utter lack of warmth and spirit of customer service. I often waited until when one of his assistants was alone before venturing in. They had way too much space for the number of product lines - they only really had stock for half the space. May have been ok in the past but makes no sense with current rents. And as for the jibe about FM, give them a chance! They had to wait for planning and now have to reconfigure a pub into a pizza restaurant. Can't you hold your horses for 5 minutes before whinging about its being boarded up?!

Beej Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They were literally the moodiest, dour and

> sour-faced customer facing people I have ever come

> across besides, I don't know, Roullier Whites

> possibly..

I do agree about ED Deli..went there a few times and gave up..I stood around ages being ignored by the staff once while 3 of them stood 'doing their thing' and chatting behind the counter...made me feel they thought they were doing me a favour by bothering to serve me at all. I shop at Wholefoods and found ED Deli more expensive for sub-standard product.

Roulier White suffers from over pushy staff..you can't step foot in the place without being pounced on..I used to buy a lot of perfume there when the older woman worked there..now I seldom go in as I feel bombarded by the sales staff

I've never had problems like the above in Roullier White. Never once encountered pushy staff and have been in there countless times (and also hate pushy sales assts.)

ED Deli was once nice but the miserable git working there eventually put us off, despite the great sausage rolls.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've only ever had nice experiences of Roulier

> White. I never really used the ED Deli.. Mainly

> because the woman on Northcross Road does amazing

> sausage rolls.

xxxxxx

Do you mean the woman with the van, on a Saturday?

If so, I completely agree - don't usually eat sausage rolls but had one of hers on Saturday and it was delicious :)

The Kiwi lady? Yes, they do a nice sausage roll, although I am not convinced it is as good as the ED Deli.

That said, there is another stall on the market (further down towards the Londis, next to the posh bread stall) that does a very fine and rather large scotch egg and that will now be my guilty pleasure of choice on a Saturday now.