Riot (possibly) on Goose Green

Help! There's an outbreak of smugness on Goose Green!

You have to live with smugness round here - but must they gather and use an amplifier on the once peaceful open space?

Where are the water cannon when they're really needed?

What are the anti-smug protester thugs doing right now?

One must live and let live, I suppose - so if those involved would post their names and addresses, I'll pop round with my Blue Beat blaster to return the philosophy.

Who in their right mind sits on goose green? It's a cut through for people in the Bellenden area of Peckham to get to LL, and a toilet for dogs. End of. It seems the smug middle Englanders want to turn it into some sort of village green with fetes and beer festivals.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who in their right mind sits on goose green? It's

> a cut through for people in the Bellenden area of

> Peckham to get to LL, and a toilet for dogs. End

> of. It seems the smug middle Englanders want to

> turn it into some sort of village green with fetes

> and beer festivals.

>

> Louisa.

Sounds good to me as well...

If people really cared about the welfare of Goose Green they would leave the flowers in peace during early pollination during spring and they would not block the footpath with prams. The space is simply not big enough for festivals and fetes, and it's already congested with dog walkers and new age parents with toddlers having picnics on the grass regardless of the weather. Why not make use of some of our other green open spaces? GG has enough to deal with.

Louisa.

There has always (well in my lifetime anyway) been events held on the Green, but I must say that people using it to sit in the sun / throw a frizbee / whatever, is a recentish thing.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just an observation.

Live and let live in a shared public space with loud music? Hmm I see a problem with this. It's like saying live and let live when you see a mother and child picking flowers or live and let live when you see someone's dog do a monster crap that hasn't been cleaned up. Where do we stop with this live and let live philosophy? Outrageous behaviour on a public green.

Louisa.

stevie_son Wrote:

> Louisa, did someone curl one out in your

> cornflakes again?

>

> If put half the energy you shove into complaining

> about the most inane, nonsensical issue and used

> it to champion a worthy cause you could change the

> world.

Hear, hear.

stevie_son Wrote:

> Louisa, did someone curl one out in your

> cornflakes again?

>

> If you put half the energy you shove into

> complaining about the most inane, nonsensical

> issues and used it to champion a worthy cause you

> could change the world.

I don't think Louisa put any energy in to this at all. Can't blame her, it was a non starter really.

May 1970 - Taken by Mum & Dad to play on swings etc with sister at Goose Green

28th May 1982 - Fighting to kill (or be killed) at Goose Green

1st June 2014 - Moaner complains about "riot" and "noise" at Goose Green.

Get some perspective about life, jackangel.

Otta Wrote:

> There has always (well in my lifetime anyway) been

> events held on the Green, but I must say that

> people using it to sit in the sun / throw a

> frizbee / whatever, is a recentish thing.

>

> Not saying it's right or wrong, just an

> observation.

Strange Otta, but I well remember sitting, having picnics, throwing frizbees and playing rounders on the "Green" whilst listening to some of our then crowd playing guitars and drinking Scrumpy and that was in the 60's and 70's.

Not so recentish, I think !!!!

Louisa Wrote:

> If people really cared about the welfare of Goose

> Green they would leave the flowers in peace during

> early pollination during spring and they would not

> block the footpath with prams. The space is simply

> not big enough for festivals and fetes, and it's

> already congested with dog walkers and new age

> parents with toddlers having picnics on the grass

> regardless of the weather. Why not make use of

> some of our other green open spaces? GG has enough

> to deal with.

>

> Louisa.

http://img.pandawhale.com/82964-youre-very-good-you-gif-you-un-8BDT.gif

I don't understand why people can't mind their own business. Even if it is a dog-shit ridden patch surrounded by bus fumes, if total strangers choose to sit there, who cares... more room for you in the nicer parks.