More car crime in ED

I have written on a couple of threads on here about vandalism to our car over the last few months whilst parked on Melbourne Grove, right near Lordship Lane. After 3 separate incidents of keying and two deliberately broken wing mirrors (pavement side both times), we bought a car cover which has been doing the trick for the last couple of weeks. Well, yesterday evening we found that the car cover has been stolen! I wondered whether it could have blown off, but it was specifically fitted to our mini and tucked under the bumpers so someone would have had to deliberately taken it off. We are so frustrated and annoyed and really don't know what to do. Has anyone else been experiencing these sorts of ongoing problems? We've now been quoted nearly ?1000 to fix the damage and will likely claim on insurance (which I really don't want to do...) but we're worried that if we get it fixed it will just happen again.

Someone we know has also had their car keyed when they parked at this end of Melbourne Grove - a BMW. Our car - much less desirable has (fingers crossed) always been fine and we park at this end of the road too.

Some we can show what we have nothing to hide whiles some they have to pretend they don't have because......

once upon a time there was a naked mice and a dress up mice but the dress up mice had nothing to hide. :)

True history but always wishing well to both

Have just got home late at night to find my wing mirror broken off ... pavement side, parked close to a bollard so can't see how it is anything other than deliberate ... East Dulwich Grove opposite the hospital. These problems do the area no good at all ... seems to be plenty of CCTV to capture parking offences, but nothing to capture this ....

We had the oldest, most undesirable, car possible - and it got nicked! Same area. Police involved, found it (beyond repair) and later found the group of thieves - when they were trying to nick another car.

I really feel for you. One of the reasons I decided not to replace my car when it died a few years ago was that it was constantly vandalised when parked outside my house on Lordship Lane. My wing mirrors were twisted off, the passenger door was jemmied, the paintwork and scratched something was put in the locks. It was an average Renault Clio so not exactly a high end vehicle. I hire cars or a use a car club now - it suits me, although not ideal on a nice day like this when I could jump in car and go for a drive in the country.