The painted house on LL

I see the house in Lordship Lane with the artwork all over it has been boarded up. This is where the artists resided who painted the murals on the walls of buildings around East Dulwich. They also spent time painting the walls inside and outside the house. I think the house is to be demolished but it occurs to me that the house with its murals may be worth a bit! Hope a big mistake isn't being made here.

The house was used to host the street art event in 2013 and was decorated ahead of being demolished as a temporary exhibit. At the time of its painting all the artists understood it was going to be demolished and that was part of the appeal. Also, I don't think any of the artists ever lived there.

The owners kindly allowed the Dulwich Festival to host a major event there but the plot will be used for new residential housing in the area.

Yes, I did mean the house next to the Fred Francis day centre. Thanks LondonMix for explaining about the artists being aware of the demolition. That would make sense as they knew that no-one was going to profit from their work. They probably just had a jolly good time and lots of fun. I believe it was open to the public for a short while but I didn't get to see it. Art is subjective and I can understand why some people wouldn't enjoy street art but not sure that Lowlander is right in saying it's not worth anything, even if he does consider it an eyesore. These artists were commissioned by the Dulwich Picture Gallery so they must have some standing in the artistic community. I think I will miss seeing it there as it was a bit quirky and always made me smile!