No water in Underhill Road this morning

No water on Mount Adon either since early doors today.

Thames 'live' water map only shows 'water leak' Barry Rd and traffic disruption since 7.30am, nothing on Lordship Lane. And no suggestion that anybody is without water.

Next TW phone message update is due at 9.15am.

We had the same thing happen last summer, 18 hours without water, no standpipe, no water delivered for >12 hours on the hottest day of the year. Ended up having to call councillors to get them to kick TW up the backside. Note that on that occasion, TW said they had no idea people were without water on certain roads including this one, and in fact denied this was the case. But on the other hand, they had no mechanism for gathering that info!

TW recorded message now confirms burst main on Lordship Lane as the cause (before they had Barry Road leak as the cause). They are on site. Next update due 11.15am. No mention of water delivers/pallets/standpipe.

I'm glad I kept the 10 litres of TW Courtesy Water from the last water failure... along with a 20 litre container of my own. Essential these days if you have a modern combi-condensing boiler and so no cold water tank.

Thanks for the info. No water here at Donkey Alley either. AS for Thames Water distributing water. Don't hold your breath.

The last time it happened, we had no water for nearly two days and TW opened up standpipe afternoon of second day. Thank god we bought a water butt last year. At least we can flush toilet now.

I phoned them and as I live on the 3rd floor they advised me to check with my neighbours in the ground floor. I wonder if they're not aware to the severity after at least a couple of hours to the problem or maybe there are so many incidents across the country that they can't cope?

If it's in Lordship lane it might have to do with the leak I reported last week on Sydenham hill the corner with Lordship lane as they closed the road for a couple of days which caused a lot of traffic in that junctions in the morning. So they fixed one, which might cause to the current problem.

I too just spoke with TW. The chap explained that because they're legally obliged to distribute water after 6 hours and both SE22 & SE23 are affected (I.e . A large area), their primary objective is to get it fixed within the 6 hours, which on my reckoning should be around 2pm... I guess we'll just have to wait & see!

The water was off before 7am, jambesb, when I popped to the loo and found no cold water.

What they told you seems to suggest they are avoiding delivering any water for the time being, as it will cost them money.

Given that it will be different people digging the road and mending the pipes, versus delivering water, they really shouldn't have a problem doing these two things at the same time... unless their only concern is saving money.

I just and a Reply after posting on twitter about -

Thames Water ‏@thameswater 3m

@M_HammertonChef Hi Mark there is a burst water main in SE22/SE23 are you in this area? We are working to fix this as soon as possible. Tom

Hide conversation Reply Retweeted Favorite More

10:26 AM - 22 Jun 2014 ? Details

I didn't have water 650. so they should deliver water by 1250 and i suspect it was even earlier. 2 postcodes? again an excuse. Underhill Road border with SE23 and I wouldn't think they would separate the pipes between se23 and se22.