Very loud high pitched noise Landells Road/Crystal Palace Road

riz

There's a really loud high pitch noise coming from somewhere behind the houses at 137-151 Landells Road or maybe Crystal Palace Road I think. Maybe a fox scarer or possibly a power tool? It was present yesterday until about 6pm and then it started today at 11am and is continuing. Timings would suggest a power tool from a labourer but can't see anyone using such a tool. It is very very loud, almost continuous and annoying especially as we have to leave the doors open because of the heat. Does anyone know what this is? Someone reported it to Southwark council and they are trying to track the source of it as well.

You may be surprised to hear that the noise was coming from a lot further away, unless there are two of them on the go! At exactly the times you mentioned we were being deafened and could not stay in the garden to enjoy a couple of rare days off. We had to close all the windows (on such a hot day) but forgot about the bathroom window on Friday when it was quite windy. I got such a shock when I went in there later, the wind had blown all the black dust in and every surface in my white bathroom was covered in the stuff. It was coming from a house in Mundania Road and I think it was just some DIY work in the rear garden, maybe cutting metal rods or railings. It seems to be over now and we'll keep fingers crossed that the next job will be quieter. Interesting to know just how far the noise travelled.

Maybe, and without wanting to start panic, it is a madman (or woman) putting still live chopped up bits of people through a wood pulper and the sounds you are hearing is a combination of bones being ground down and screaming !

of course it could be something totally innocent and I need to stay off the cheese at night

Jokes aside, we heard it on Friday - it was so annoying! Not being dramatic but it was sending me over the edge slightly as I was trying to dismantle an m&s wardrobe in the heat at the same time!! It sounded like it was coming from a house between 141-145 landells! Hopefully it's stopped now!!

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe, and without wanting to start panic, it is a

> madman (or woman) putting still live chopped up

> bits of people through a wood pulper and the

> sounds you are hearing is a combination of bones

> being ground down and screaming !

>

> of course it could be something totally innocent

> and I need to stay off the cheese at night

Haha, reminded me of Shallow Grave.

From the title I thought you meant the very loud, high-pitched beeping that's woken my up around dawn the last few days. It sounds like some sort of alarm malfunctioning. Very annoying.

The grinding/powertool noise is annoying too. I'd assumed it was coming from the building work a couple of doors down from me, so a house number somewhere in the mid-40s.