Burglary on Barry Road today... (July 9th 2014)

Between 9am and 1:30pm someone has smashed through our front door and then in to the two flats. Laptops and some jewellery has been taken including a ring I got for my 30th.

To have the audacity to do it in broad daylight on a busy street with buses going up and down is disgusting.

Please look after your properties and look out for your neighbours.

I posted this on another thread and it fits here as well

[content.met.police.uk]

The police do take these crimes seriously and with cut backs their efficiency is increased if we all help

There are online sites where crime data is loaded so that you can see it and patterns can be monitored. There are successes in taking criminals off the streets but there's always the next person who thinks crime pays more than an education and a job. Like local foxes, one criminal goes but another takes their place

Set up Neighbourhood Watch groups and you'll get everything delivered via e-mail. To have a group registered with a NHW police contact person:

MetPhone 26317 | Telephone 020 7232 6317 | Email [email protected]

Address Camberwell Police Station (MC) 22A Camberwell Church Street SE58QU

The operative word is NEIGHBOURhood not watch. Never leave doors or windows unlatched when you walk away. When you can afford to replace single with double pane and s set of TWO locks across the top. Dead bolt doors. Bicycles LOCKED even in your backyard or hall

Apple MacBook Pro MB604LL/A

the China Cheap original electronic is discount for selling now, Purchase to visit: w w w . p a d s e l l . c o m

Product Description

Redesigned with a precision unibody enclosure crafted from a single block of aluminum, the 17-inch MacBook Pro is thinner and lighter than its predecessor as well as stronger and more durable. But Apple didn't stop innovating with the body's design. The MacBook Pro also includes a new high-resolution LED-backlit widescreen with a 1920-by-1200-pixel resolution, a greater color gamut for more vibrant colors, and a 700:1 contrast ratio that makes whites brighter and blacks blacker. It also includes the new glass trackpad that does away with the trackpad button (for larger tracking area) and features Apple's Multi-Touch technology

sell Apple MacBook Air MC505LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop ---$322

the China Cheap original electronic is discount for selling now, Purchase to visit: w w w . p a d s e l l . c o m

Product Description

Introducing the new MacBook Air, the most mobile Mac in every way, shape, and form. It features all-flash storage, a Multi-Touch trackpad, a long-lasting battery, a high-resolution display, an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and NVIDIA graphics. All inside a unibody enclosure that's light, thin, and strong enough to handle all your everyday tasks and then some, whether you're on the couch, in a lecture hall, or at a conference. It's mobility mastered.

Not shocked that we've been burgled, it happens all the time, but shocked by the audacity of it on such a busy road, in broad daylight where they literally smashed through the front doors, they were hanging off afterwards - external one and two front doors to internal flats, and that nobody saw or heard anything. Our internal front door was snapped in two.

Also shocked because there was no way of them seeing in our flat, or seeing in the upstairs flat, so it's a massive gamble on their part to smash open our doors, when we could have been inside.

In a way I'd rather a window had been broken into or our locks picked, but it was such a brazen way of entering our property.

I'd advise getting at least two dead-locks fitted. I know one might seem enough, but a burglar might well think twice about trying to get entry upon seeing two heavy locks and a normal Yale lock. Make it as hard for them as possible: close the gate, put plants on the windowsill, install lights and make sure all your heavy locks are locked. It might sound trite, but the compound effect could work.