Photos on North Cross Road

They were the result of a Cleaner, Greener, Safer bid several years back. Quite a fuss at the time as coloured patterns originally proposed then changed to classic photos of the area. Great that UK Power Networks allowed them to be attached to their building.

If anyone has other old photos of the area let me know so we can consider finding another location to place some. Ore for public viewing.

James, these are new photos opposite the site of the original ones - these are on the wall next to the Palmerston!

If they were part of the original bid, wouldn't they have gone up at the same time?

I love these photos too.

What I'd love to find (and wonder whether the Great Exhibition still have it?) is 2 photos that used to hang in the CPT, One of the pub with a portrait of an old landlord in the corner. Not sure when this was from, but think it probably dated from the 50s. Then another similar thing from the 80s, with the then landlord Brian in the corner, and all the old regulars outside the pub. Would love to see that again.

Don't THINK my dad was in it, as he was probably inside, behind the bar at the time.

• 2 weeks later...