Vintage Pics of Lordship Lane

Has anyone got an original print of a photo of Lordship Lane from around the turn of the 19th/20th century? The chap in the Fabric shop gave me a print out from a forum and I'm trying to track down the original - I'm a printer and want to reproduce a good quality version!

Macroban, do you have any photos of the library end of Lordship Lane. Maybe even the houses on the library/church side of the road towards the Court Lane junction? I've been looking for YEARS and have failed dramatically! You always seem to have the goods!

redrouge,

I've never seen a pre-1914 photo of that stretch of Lordship Lane. It could be that it is because there was "nothing" there worth photographing (except fences, hedges and trees). When the houses were built after World War One the custom of routinely taking street scenes of of domestic housing had near enough died out.

However...

Here is a (ropey copy of a) photograph taken from the top of the East Dulwich Fire Station showing the junction of Court Lane and Lordship Lane.

MacRoban

Wow, that's an excellent photo! Thanks! I live in one of the post-ww1 houses and that's the nearest I'll get to seeing a photo of our stretch I suppose... There's apparantly a large tunnel that runs underneath our houses, but all my research points to nothing...!

Macroban, you tantalise us with this drip feed of pics from what seems to be a bottomless photo treasure chest. Any chance of you publishing your archive somewhere so we can wallow in the nostalgia of East Dulwich before the age of traffic jams and ugly post-war flats?

These are brilliant! - I've got some high-end scanning equipment at my disposal - and some retouching skills - should any help be needed with the CDR! - would love to make these look as good as possible for possible printing....