Recycling & Southwark council -frustrations

Is anyone else having a problem with the dustman not taking recycling bins and recycling?

when i have flagged this with Southwark environmental services i have got , "yes we will deal with it in 3 days " but nothing no action at all ! , i have sent 6 emails and called them , it has now been passed to the complaints team which must have only 2 members in the team as the calls dont go through .

I just dont know whom to contact now , any suggestions ?

Sonia

Yes, a long phone call asking for replacment of one type of bin with another, and which I was assured would be actioned in a few weeks, has not happened. We are two months down. How many calls does it take to Southwark Council to get a result?

I've only ever had to report non-collection of one/other type of bin three times in about 10 years. But, every time the promise was "within the next few days", and every time it actually got collected the NEXT time it would have been collected anyway (i.e. in a fortnight's time by the current schedule for regular waste or recycling). Never managed to get them to actually correct a missed collection before the next scheduled time, nor to explain why it wasn't taken.

I've always used the online forms to order new bins, bulky waste collection and missed collections and found the service very good. I know there has been major budget cuts across many departments including job cuts/unfilled vacant posts so perhaps we are feeling the results of this. There are more cuts to come so can't see it getting any better.