Morning Mystery Man on Langton Rise

For the past fortnight, each morning when walking my dog at about 6:30am around the block which covers Underhill Road, Langton Rise along Camberwell Old Cemetery and then onto Woodvale I've noticed a man who drives a bashed up white transit van (54 number plates) that he parks on Langton Rise and then starts walking up onto Underhill Road with an empty shopping trolley and rucksack.

Anybody else noticed him, or have any idea what he is up too? It struck me as odd the first time I saw him - but then to see him every successive morning since, just seems bizarre. He looks quite young, olive skin and usually wears a sports zip up top and jeans.

Just seen this thread, I saw him as I left for work on Thursday Morning, he was on Underhill just passed the junction with Langton rise, I stopped and watched him walking down the road, fag hanging out of mouth with his trolly and ruck sack..though it was strange, so watched as he walked down road to see if he went through any blue recycling bins or skips, but didn't notice. I think he might be looking for scrap people have left out, lots of people have been leaving stuff out (chairs, toys, books, hardware) It all seems to go quite quickly. I didn't know he had a van, will keep an eye out for him again.

I watched a guy matching this description methodically go through all the bins on the street outside honor oak mansions on Underhill about 6weeks ago. I dont know if its illegal to go through bins if theyre on the street. It was about 3am, he spent about 30mins going through all the bins and left with two bags full of paper, and a cushion or bag. I let them know he following morning so they could be more vigilant.

Spoke to two men sorting scrap metal in the van in Langton Rise. Very limited English - one spoke Spanish. Seemed harmless enough but I told them of the concerns they had raised in the neighbourhood but I don't think they understood

I've seen him on a number of occasions with a trolley full of scrap and presumably on his way back to the mentioned van. I must say he didn't seem at all suspicious, so I once asked him if any of the the stuff in my garage was of use to him. He didn't want the large items, but he sent round a couple (his parents?)who were more than happy to take everything that I had been too lazy to get rid of!