Car Hit & Run damage

Hello All,

On the off chance someome may have been passing by,

Last night I parked a brand new Mercedes A-Class (150 miles on the clock) on Oakhurst Grove about 8pm,

It's not mine but from a small independent rental company down the road who I have been working with for years and are great guys.

This morning I went out to drive it back to the rental office and it would appear someone else seems to have attempted to park on top of it, causing a great deal of damage and rendering the car unusable.

There was no note and no local witnesses from what I can see.

The Car is insured but as always there's excess and it?s obviously a bit of a blow to great local company.

If you happened to be passing by between 8pm and when the rain started last night at the goose green end of Oakhurst Grove and noticed anything it would be great if you could let me know.

If it were your car then I would do the same for you.

All responses treated in confidence,

Thanks,

I

No colour as such left on the damaged area,just a bit of white residue.

But whatever it was must have had some weight to it and maybe a sharpe edge.

It split the bumper in 2 on the drivers side, the impact was at a sharpe angle, like it was maybe caused by a tail lift, recovery truck or metal truck bumper, it was very direct.

Had it been a car I think it would have been different.

i

I had a very similar problem (this was 18 months or so ago) - basically a sharp cut into the front wing of my car a few inches above the wheel arch. It was clearly a tail lift or something. It corresponded to bin day from what I remember but could have been any delivery driver, skip lorry etc. etc. so we couldn't do a great deal. Not cheap to put right.

Even if you don't get to the bottom of it at least you know that the bastard that did it probably has a pretty shit life driving a diesel powered coffin around for a living.