Second, eastern wind for Le Moulin (RIP)

It's been owned by a Cypriot family for years. The son in law and the owners daughter are opening it as a restaurant again, I believe. I popped in there as they were clearing the place prior to the building work. They seem like a nice family. Good luck to them

Turkish Cypriot food is somewhat different from Turkish - there is a greater Greek style of cooking influence, but good Turkish food, Cypriot or not, is very appealing - and much more delicate than exposure to 'taverna' style cooking would imply. Turkish (red) wines can be excellent, as is Turkish beer. 'Turkish' restaurants - together with Greek and Cypriot, can offer quite a wide raange of styles - certainly not as great as the whole Indian sub-continent can muster, but we normally only see a small selection (mainly Bangladeshi) on our high streets, so there is certainly room for more Middle Easter cookery generally, without becoming too repetitive. It is the ambience and service which often makes a restaurant anyway, almost as much as the food.

Townleygreen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What a coincidence!

> Before it was Le Moulin, it was a Turkish

> restaurant. I ate there many times in the

> Seventies.

Me too. Food washed down with bottles of Buzzbag. ;-)

From what I remember, the boyfriend of owner's daughter is an English chef. So we may get a different take on the usual Turkish/Cypriot angle.

Or they could be doing something completely different, and surprise us all

Who knows eh!