UFO?

Many years ago I saw the same above what used to be known as Waverley Upper School/ Peckham Rye - and it wasn't just me - a group of school workers came rushing out of the school to witness the same.

puwetter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They are the Chinese lanterns when I saw it first

> time I thought the same:)

xxxxx

Same here! Was convinced it was a UFO :))

The Chinese lantern theory is all well and good but I personally think it was more than that. It was hovering in the same spot, not moving. I'm convinced that PR park is an attraction for aliens, I've thought this for years. Not the first time I've seen a UFO.

Louisa.

"I'm convinced that PR park is an attraction for aliens"

To be ever so briefly, and hypothetically rational, just for a second like, I do wonder why an intelligent species that had managed not to destroy itself on the path to supra-light travel, given the incredible advantages of technology they would have over us, the potential benefits to us if they were benign, the awful consequences for us if they were not, would be so coy yet indiscreet about their presence.

Given the huge sums a civilisation would have to invest in these awesome machines able to somehow go beyond the known physical laws and travel vast distances in the blink of an eye, and given our own touristic proclivities that tend to nice weather, amazing natural phenomena, good food, good company and the like, why (oh why) would they choose to undertake these great journies to potter about in their small glowing craft above Peckham Rye.

Is it some intestellar cottaging/dogging spot perhaps?

Maybe SETI should be pointing inward to some alien corner of grindr. Greenr perhaps?

Ahhh but remember they are also keen on obscure small towns in mid-west US where they abduct and anal probe white trash males disproportionately to the general population of the world by about x1000. Not creaturse of logic these people who have mastered the speed of light.

I think we need some perspective on this El Pibe. I could equally put the case to you, of the many thousands of Brits who invest a week or two of their lives each year travelling to a muddy caravan park in Bognor Regis. Tormented by foul weather and s*it food! and yet they happily send cards back home to friends and relatives claiming to be having 'a good time'. Just because these aliens are intelligent, doesn't mean they don't make mistakes or believe what they are doing is pointless. If I were living on a planet far off in some other galaxy I'd probably find Peckham Rye Park quite an entertaining and nice place to hover my craft. Even though, it's a pointless exercise. Quids that's slightly unfair. I know of at least four rational people who don't live in the mid-west of the USA who've been abducted. A good friend of mine was once found unconscious and lost a good few hours after allegedly being kidnapped by a yellow glowing light. I kid you not.

Louisa.

So you're telling me Earth is a butlin's holiday for grey trash then?

The classy ones hang around the back of MOA-192 b's equivalent of a Burger King and scoff whatever passes for a gherkin whilst molesting womp rats?

It's a blessing they don't actually get out and say hi then!!

Well I never thought my observation of a glowing orange supra-light travelling thingy would stir up so much debate but I'm glad it has. Upon reading El Pibe's post I nearly pissed my pants laughing! And Louisa I find your post about your friends being abducted by aliens or yellow lights quite intriguing.

The fact of the matter is that we will never know what it was, unless it/they visit me in my flat and I post on here what happened, but we can certainly thank ourselves lucky for having great imaginations that allow us to come to such conclusions.

Live long and prosper

RyeBoy

Ha ha, Strafer. No, not bug-eyed. I don't remember her saying she'd been turned into an alien. She truly believed she'd been abducted though.

Funnily enough I had a strange experience here in ED/Peckham borders a long time ago. I woke up very early one morning, about 5am, convinced there was a spaceship outside waiting for me - I visualised it in my mind as a glowing, gold Ford Cortina. So I got up, and let myself and my little dog out of the front door and closed it behind me. Then I walked to the gate, baffled as to why the 'space car' wasn't there yet. Then I really woke up, to the horror of standing in my front garden dressed only in a T-shirt (nothing, and I mean nothing, else). I managed to smash the far side of my bay window with a large stone and after carefully depositing my dog in away from the shattered glass, climbed in myself and went straight back to bed. Luckily no one saw the broken window as it was hidden by part of a hedge. I have double glazing now, so just hope it never happens again!

It was the first and only time I'd sleepwalked. Mind you, I was so convinced this craft was coming for me. And more than a little disappointed when it failed to turn up. I went very willingly. Strange, eh.