Screaming swearing man - The Gardens

For the last few weeks pretty much every evening at around 8pm

Some guy starts yelling really aggressively " F""k off, F""k you !!! On repeat escalates and pauses for a bit

Then it starts again. Not pleasant.

I was hoping it would have calm down by now or someone/ a closer neighbour/ police /would have intervened

Anyone else hear this?

I'm finding it more disturbing that neither of you seems to have done anything about it other than posting on here, particularly if there is also a distressed child involved, as was suggested on the other thread.

Or did you take one of the courses of action suggested on the other thread with no result?

I don't mean to be rude, but why should you leave it to somebody else to do something about it? Suppose they are all also leaving it to somebody else?

ETA: How can the police "intervene" if nobody has reported it to them?

ETA: We are a community. That means looking out for each other, doesn't it? Including small children who can't look out for themselves.

I've heard this guy a couple of times and actually seen him last Saturday shouting and swearing as he appeared to be talking on a mobile. He paced through my neighbours front garden on Colyton Road and round the corner to one of the streets just off ours. He's a black guy, late 30's and very loud!

• 3 weeks later...

hi all if someone wants to call the police don't be scared.

this man i am presuming as mental health problems.

most of the time there is nothing that the police can do but perhaps he needs help via the hos[ital or is cpn nurse,its very distressing for people and scary.

usually around southwark there are mental health hostels or sometimes they are housed in bedsits and are supposed to be monitored.

but usually left to there own devices.

i am only commenting on this post as i have a schizophernic cousin who lives in southwark and in the past as been a nuisance to residents and he as been in need of medication or some kind of help.

its a very delicate and difficult thing to deal with also very scary for the person suffering with mentl health.

please call the police if you are scared.

best to report it to the police, if there is nothing wrong - no problem, if sadly, there is, reports to the police can go a way to helping the person get help from appropriate sources, no one, is shouting or causing this annoyance for nothing, best safe than sorry, all to often you hear or read of these things happening and not reported only for it to lead to something unfortunate, if you were walking on your own, or with children how safe would you feel, its not their fault (in most cases) but reporting it is not a bad thing. hope this resovles itself.