Barking Dog - Fenwich Rd

Hi

To whoever owns the dog that barks on que every night at midnight please have some consideration for your neighbours.

I can't pin point the actual garden but I think the dog lives on either Amott Rd or the bottom of Nutbrook St / Waghorn St.

I really have had enough of being woken by your dog.

Saying that it isn't the dogs fault but purely down to the owners who are obviously not looking after there dog. A dog should be walked not let out for 10 minutes each evening.

Well last night I had the pleasure of being woken at 11am, then 12.30 for half an hour of constant barking. I am pretty sure even with my sleep deprived brain that the dog lives on Amott Rd.

With the hot evening most people are leaving there windows open - have some consideration you ignorant, selfish xxxx!

Another night like last night I will call southwark noise team.

Same problem Ondine road (top end near adys road)

At least 2 neighbours who leave their dogs out in garden and often bark morning and night for long periods.

At least twice this week Ive been woken first thing in the morning.

If you cant be bothered to take care or train your dogs properly, dont put that impact on others!

Sadly my barking dog is back.

12.45am... really?

Do you? think that is exceptable to let your dog out and bark constandtly for half an hour?

I am more than happy to talk to you in person about this.

Please PM me or better still stop letting your dog out in the middle of the NIGHT!

First world problems. Are you for real?

Am not talking about running out of toothpaste or forgetting my pass to get into the office. This is not a trivial matter. The owners selfishness is effecting my SLEEP! which as I am sure you are aware is a very important aspect of living a healthy balanced life style.

For the past year I have been unable to get to sleep, due to bout of incisive barking. When I finally do I am woken again for another round of barking as if its 8pm in the evening not the middle of the night. Do you want to try that? and still say GET OVER IT?

BNG my inability to move to Bromley has nothing whatsoever to do with first world problems. I've just yet to find the right place, hardly a problem, and I hardly bang on about it, just the occasional mention here and there. No biggy.

Tootsmonkey yes I am "for real".

A whole year you've not been able to sleep you say? If you were genuinely concerned about this you would have confronted the person and reached a compromise by now OR worst case scenario gone to Southwark noise people and told them about it. But no, you come on this forum and bang on about it? So no sympathy from me, sorry.

Louisa

Jeremy, I've now expanded my search beyond the county of Devon. I've even considered a caravan in Hastings. When I say Bromley, I'm not referring to the town centre, I'm talking about further out of the borough towards the Kent borders. Biggin Hill perhaps? I just don't want to move anywhere with too many sneering middle England types, hence expanding my search out towards Kent.

Louisa.

I don't understand why you keep posting about the barking dog keeping you awake on here and don't just get out there and try to track the house down and confront them! They may not be on this forum and possibly have no idea its causing you such a problem. Next time the dog barks why don't you get up and go and try to find the house knock on the door and ask them to not let the dog bark outside past 11pm. We had the same situation where we lived a few years ago, the dog would bark for long periods of time after 1am keeping us all awake. On the third night in a row I went round there and knocked their door down until they answered and turns out they had been letting the dog out to toilet late and then leaving him out there. They apologise and the barking late at night stopped.

What about ear plugs, surely that will block out the barking?!

Exactly Chunksmum, my point exactly. No reply to my points either, just this droning rant in face three posts worth without a response initially. But no, Tootsmonkey decides to rant on here about it and make a song and dance out of what I would describe as a storm in a teacup, rather than solve the issue. Boring.

Louisa.

I have always found this forum a useful, informative tool to engage in ED life so after racking my brains as to whether to respond to this thread and undoubtedly fuel the keyboard warrior that is Louisa i have decide to respond in the hope that this indirect way of communication will reach the owner. Surely one of the positives reasons as to why people use this form of communication.

The garden that the dog is barking from is one of a number of gardens that back onto each other so quiet difficult to locate but from the volume of noise I would say its near the bottom/middle of either ... or ... rd. I have been active in trying to pin point the garden by speaking to residents in both roads (the ones I could get an answer from) who have also said they have been disturbed by the dog and one even considering phoning the RSPCA if its persists. We are in communication together.

I can only concluded that the owner works unsociable hours hence no response when I have knocked and the time the dog is let out. I am a single, mid 30s female and don't really want to be walking the streets in the middle of the night knocking on strangers doors - I have been close though, admittedly.

I have noticed and noted an improvement in the dog barking since starting this thread so I think and hope this is reaching the RIGHT ears. At this point, I thank you and appreciate you cooperation. I don't however appreciate Louise unhelpful, argumentative responses. Clearly dismissing or may be not understanding the point of the thread and what sleep deprivation can do to a person health and well being.

I can only conclude with - If you have nothing worth while saying... Say nothing at all.

Tootsmonkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The power of the forum.

>

> Thank you, to the owner who has taken my rant on

> board and stopped there dog barking at unsociable

> hours.

>

Hang on Tootsmonkey, you earlier claimed to have communicated with the owner and solved the issue. You're now saying you don't know where the dog is, I'm confused? So have you confronted the owner or not?

I'm not underestimating sleep deprivation at all, I'm just asking you why you have not contacted the relevant people to solve the issue, that is all.

Louisa.

My previous thread was an OPEN MESSAGE to the owner (whoever that may be) thanking them in the improvement I HAD noticed. Since then the dog started up again. Hence my previous thread were I was woken at 12.45 throughout the night. The one you jumped on. Are you the owner?

Tootsmonkey that's fair enough, but your earlier message suggested to me you had spoken with or communicated via the forum. Thanks for clearing that misunderstanding up. No I do not live in said location, where is fenwich road anyway? If you now know where the owner lives how about posting a letter through the door leaving a number or email address for them to contact you via? I just do not understand why this needs to be posted on the forum if you have all the relevant contact details.

Louisa.

Ok so she's done that in the past and it worked, try it again? If it doesn't work, contact Southwark? It's not rocket science! A whole year of no sleep and this is where we are at with this? Are you involved with the people umming and aaring over the PR station refurb by any chance?

Louisa.