(Domestic) Assault Dulwich Park 03.08.14

izmcel

Hi all, I just wanted to post up here about an incident my partner witnessed yesterday in the park - a woman in her early 30s in her car with her 18 month old baby was assaulted by a man who attempted to strangle her and punch her through the window when she refused to let him in the car. My partner and some other people assisted the woman by dragging the man away from her - he eventually left the park. The woman said that she was in a relationship with this clearly very dangerous man.

Basically although my partner contacted the police, he did not get any of her details. I have been worrying about her safety all of last night and into today and I just wanted to put this post out there in case any of the other witnesses got any more information from her and could contact the police or if in fact she reads this herself to encourage her to seek help to keep her and her child safe.

Thanks

I'm sure you mean well and are genuinely concerned, but I wonder how she might feel seeing you broadcast details like this? Presumably she was local and you don't know what effect it might have on her, her family or her partner if they were to recognise themselves from this, or if, God forbid, a local paper were to pick up on it. If it were me, I have to say it would just make things worse.

Anyone who would recognise this would have been there. I can't see how this exposes the person anymore that was already the case.

That someone is showing concern might bring home to the person how serious an issue this is and push them to get the help they need.

Well done you for posting this. Hopefully that young woman will see the post, realise she's not alone and find the confidence to rrelease herself and her poor child from what sounds like an horrific situation.

Shame on those who criticize your decision to post as in some way sensationalist or a breach of privacy.

Well done you for posting this. Hopefully that young woman will see the post, realise she's not alone and find the confidence to release herself and her poor child from what sounds like an horrific situation.

Shame on those who criticize your decision to post as in some way sensationalist or a breach of privacy.

Did he not get her car registration number? That would enable her to be traced.

If not, there may well be a camera somewhere that would help identify it (if you gave a description of the car).

The police take these things (more) seriously now - or at least they should do.