Blatant Drug Deal Going on outside shops on WV

Sherry

I just witnessed a blatant drug deal between man in a black car (I don't know cars well enough to say which type) pulling up next to the butchers, then a young lad (not more then 16-17) slips something into his window, in which he then partially rolls down the window and passes something back to the lad. No words exchanged happened in less then a minute.

I know I don't want this to become the norm in the neighbourhood if I can stop it. Have reported it.

I once got thanked by someone waiting to make a purchase in Peckham for hurrying my dawdling toddler passed so they could get on with their business. I had been bothered that we seemed somewhat trapped between a guy on a push bike and two guys he obviously knew on a bench ahead and was probably about to be mugged, but it dawned on me they weren't interested in us and just wanted us out of the way so they could get on.

There is a case to be made for legalistation... at least people would know what they were putting into their bodies, rather than 75% unknown white powder.

Not sure about dealers re-inventing themselves as respectable entrepreneurs though!

Thanks to the BBC's (most recent) excellent advertisement for high quality narcotics - bought on the dark web and delivered direct to your home - we're another welcome step away from exchanges through car windows on a side street.

I've seen various cars pull up outside my house over the years and just presumed these people were waiting for friends/relatives, until a girl at the shop down the road told me they were peddling illegal substances. I went through a stage of shouting at them out the window until they drove off. I don't want them selling their disgusting habit outside my respectable home thanks very much. If you're going to do it, why not go to a less conspicuous place, why choose a residential street? Make me sick.

Louisa.

The usual spot is, ironically enough, around the back of the old police station. I often wander round there on my way back from work around 8-9pm and observe the occasional car parked up, engine running with two guys just sat there, giving furtive looks to any passers-by.

I strongly believed that all drugs should be regulated. Not necessarily sold over the counter or in pubs and cafes, but regulated via a system of prescriptions, pharmacies etc. as in fact most are already. Why would you leave some of the most dangerous substances completely unregulated and in the control of gangsters. Seems counter productive to me.

Maybe... to stop them being given to children or people with epilepsy, heart conditions, etc. The problem is, if someone wanted it, they'd get hold of it one way or another. It would just be a formality to absolve the vendor of blame.

With new drugs (legal highs) being developed all the time

its getting complicated.

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I strongly believed that all drugs should be

> regulated. Not necessarily sold over the counter

> or in pubs and cafes, but regulated via a system

> of prescriptions, pharmacies etc. as in fact most

> are already. Why would you leave some of the most

> dangerous substances completely unregulated and in

> the control of gangsters. Seems counter productive

> to me.