Spam call referring to "Lordship Lane Surgery"

Sue

I have just had a voicemail on my landline (I don't answer it any more unless I'm expecting a call, due to the amount of spam - and yes I'm registered with TPS) from somebody called Samantha.

She said it was "nothing urgent but please call back in relation to the Lordship Lane Surgery".

As it's unusual for spam callers to leave a message, I googled the number she left, which was 01257 226 026 and evidently belongs to a business called Leisure Medical which sells advertising space on cards left in surgeries.

I'm not a patient at Lordship Lane Surgery, and never have been, so where she got my number from (and what she thought I'd be advertising) I have no idea.

Has anybody else had one of these calls? Obviously I shan't be phoning back, even though she left the number very clearly three times :))

ETA: Have just found their website, via a thread on Facebook which came up when I googled them:

http://www.leisuremedical.co.uk/index.html

She probably thought you might want to advertise the Goose is Out on something that they will be preparing for the surgery (e.g an appointment card)- we get calls from people selling advertising space all the time - they just research the local area for businesses that they can "hit on" and your name and/or number must have come up!

There's no way I have my personal phone number on anything connected with the Goose!!

ETA: And it would seem a rather untargeted method of advertising!!

ETA: Do they pay the surgery to have these businesses promoted on appointment cards? Has the NHS really sunk so low? Do they vet the businesses they are promoting? Does Lordship Lane Surgery know they are phoning round locally?

I was very confused because as it happens I have a GP appointment tomorrow, and I initially thought it was something to do with that, until I realised they were talking about Lordship Lane surgery.

Yes called me by name, and has phoned again today and left another message.

It has belatedly occurred to me that she could have got my details when in another incarnation many years ago I used to sell Bioflow magnotherapy products as a sideline. But the company went weird after being taken over, and I stopped doing it.

Oh well. Just think it's a bit odd she would mention only Lordship Lane Surgery in the message, since you would naturally assume it was something to do with a medical issue, or at least I would.