thoughts around Ivanhoe Road area

I moved to this area at the end of November last year, previously I lived near Alleyns School. I much prefer where I am now. As mentioned, easy access to 3 stations and a fairly quiet location - my only noise complaint has been from foxes in the back garden. Also close to Bellenden Road.

I've yet to have any issues nor feel unsafe walking to and from East Dulwich Station through Dog Kennel Hill estate at any time of day. In general it's usually pretty deserted walking along Quorn Road.

I lived on Ivanhoe Rd for five years. Although not necessarily the most attractive street, it's one of the most conveninent locations in the area. An easy walk to Camberwell, Lordship Lane, Bellenden Rd or Rye Lane. Denmark Hill and ED stations both pretty close. Shame the pub's gone.

Walked through the estate every day without incident. Kept my (fairly new/nice-ish) car parked outside the house without any problems. The only real downside was that it's pretty noisy between Bromar Road and Avondale Rise with buses, emergency vehicles, and boy racers.

Ivanhoe Road is great, especially the northern end. Not on the way to anywhere, so very quiet. Bang in between all the various high streets you'd want to be and a good choice for transport.

Those houses which back onto the railway are bigger than they look, and have that cheeky additional bit of railway garden. On the other side, the gardens are a bit crap.

Slightly cheaper cabs due to SE5 postcode.

Just moved a 10 min walk away, the other side of bellenden rd. Would have quite happily stayed on Ivanhoe Rd if the right house had come up. As cle says, the north end is quieter, with bigger gardens. But it's all fine.

There are lots of nice roads around... Grove Hill Rd is really nice. Oglander/Ondine Rd and the side roads off them are good. It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess. But in terms of being in the middle of all the good stuff, Ivanhoe rd is perfect.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just moved a 10 min walk away, the other side of

> bellenden rd. Would have quite happily stayed on

> Ivanhoe Rd if the right house had come up. As cle

> says, the north end is quieter, with bigger

> gardens. But it's all fine.

>

> There are lots of nice roads around... Grove Hill

> Rd is really nice. Oglander/Ondine Rd and the side

> roads off them are good. It's all in the eye of

> the beholder I guess. But in terms of being in the

> middle of all the good stuff, Ivanhoe rd is

> perfect.

Are you on what I have heard described as the 'Champs Elys?e of Peckham', Choumert Grove ?

My second favourite local estate agentism, after any Wooster & Stock descriptions.

I used to live just around the corner on champion hill, walked through that estate a million times, and used to frequent the now sadly defunct Ivanhoe(Hoopers) pub.

Never once had an issue of any sort, but the usual caveats apply to anyway urban I guess.

I have lived in the north end of Ivanhoe road for over 30 years and it is very friendly and great place to live. The houses get sun from the back in the morning as it is east and the front in the afternoon (west). Or vice-versa on the other side of the road. The garden gets lots of sun, obviously it depends on whether you have big fences trees etc.