Dulwich Hamlet FC Pay What You Want

DHFC

Thanks to the agreement of our owners, The Hadley Group, our home match on 6th September v. Hampton will be a 'Pay What You Like' Day!

PAY WHAT YOU LIKE on Non League Day!

Yes! You read that correct!

In just over a fortnight, on Saturday 6th September, we host Hampton & Richmond Borough, in a Ryman League Premier Division match to celebrate Non League Day. All we ask is for you to make a donation at the turnstile as you come through them, or on the way out, into our collection buckets.

We hope that all of our regular fans will make their usual match day admission contribution, as we still have to cover our matchday costs, and pay the players, staff and match officials. BUT...after these costs have been covered Hadley have agreed to make a, hopefully, substantial donation to charity...depending on how generous the crowd are!

We have decided to support the Worshipful Mayor of Southwark, Cllr. Sunil Chopra, who will be attending the game, & backing his charitable work by handing over our fundraising to him, in support of his two chosen homeless charities for his year of office, which are The Robe Project &

UK Homes 4 Heroes.

As if all of this wasn't exciting enough, we have been honoured by being chosen as one of four partners, in association with Non League Day, of the footballing anti-racism & discrimination Kick It Out campaign, to make our match a true community day, as part of their 'Season of Action' campaign. As part of Non League Day they have chosen only four fixtures, so we are extremely lucky to have been nominated by them to spread their important message; the other Clubs being Marine; Blyth Spartans & Lewes.

Publicising the day, and the Kick It Out message, and our community work in general, our Supporters Trust will be in attendance from 12 noon at the Friends of Peckham Rye Fete, no need to guess where, until around half past two, even though that event runs until five, they have to be 'esewhere'! So why not pop along to the Rye and then march with them along to Champion Hill for kick off?

And as it is a community day at the ground let's make it as colourful as possible. Bring your balloons and banners. Splash on the facepaint. And why not bring along flags of your country, to spread the message that anyone is welcome at Champion Hill, no matter where you are from, regardless of race, creed, colour or sexuality. The only thing we care about at Dulwich Hamlet is that you are Pink & Blue!

So that's Saturday 6th September..pay what you like, at home to Hampton & Richmond Borough. Tell everyone you know, to create a true Non League carnival experience, and with a bit of luck as all of our fans help spread the word, we can set a new Dulwich Hamlet attendance record, at our current ground, which is currently 1,835; when we hosted Southport in the First Round Proper of the FA Cup, back in 1998.

A great 2-1 win last night and a crowd of over 800. Last gasp winner for The Hamlet. Get yourselves down to Champion Hill this Saturday and experience what is making more and more people get down to watch The Hamlet

Just posted this in a new thread - should have spotted this one first!

It's Non-league Day tomorrow so come and support your local non-league side, Dulwich Hamlet FC

In addition, it is "Pay what you want" on the gate.

Once costs have been covered, Dulwich Hamlet will be making a donation to two homeless charities: The Robes Project & UK Homes 4 Heroes.

Come and help us set a modern era attendance record (1,835)!

Here is a reminder of why it's easy to fall for the Pink 'n' Blues:

11 Reasons to Follow Dulwich Hamlet FC

http://deserter.co.uk/2014/07/11-reasons-to-follow-dulwich-hamlet-fc/

TDR

I hope you'll be clearing up after you. The length of LL is littered with the posters: on trees, on walls, on other people's property. You've ruined the lovely mural at the ED Picture House! Are you for real?

Just because you're raising money for a charity doesn't mean you can make the high street of the community you say you are a part of an eyesore.

Good job on raising money. Bad job on promoting it properly.

How predictable that you respond chippily and completely fail to recognise that you've done something wrong. You were littering, you didn't ask for permission and you will leave the posters to rot and fall and drip ink in the rain.

Just because you've done a bit of good does't give you the right to mess up the landscape for others.

The mural took time to paint, is lovely to look at and is now much less so.

Poor show.

Do the right thing and remove them.

I don't usually look on this forum, but I was 'tipped off' about this thread. My name is Mishi Morath, I'm a member of the Dulwich Hamlet Football Club committee, and was one of those involved heavily in our Non League Day event.

With regard to posters being flyered everywhere....well that was an initiative by individual Club supporters, and not initiated by the Club. Not that I am being critical of that. It was a 'labour of love' well done.

A lot of what has been displayed will, I am sure, have been taken down by now, by local people. However, as a gesture of goodwill, I will happily walk the entire local area, wherever I have seen them, to take down any remaining ones personally on Wednesday. This is the earliest I can do it, as I am busy tonight, after work, and the Youth Team are at home tomorrow.

With regard to the East Dulwich Cinema mural, speaking personally, and not in an official Club capacity, I would love to see the mural properly covered with the message 'PAY A LIVING WAGE' as the company who are behind this venture also own the Ritzy, in Brixton, whose workers are taking selective long-term strike action for the right to earn a basic living wage. Don't be fooled by the company 'alternative' cinema image, as far as I am concerned the people of East Dulwich shouldn't support this venture, once opened, until they treat their staff fairly.

Whilst on the theme of 'unsightly' posters, I presume this applies to any advertising jumble sales/lost cats/ whatever?

I could understand the local annoyance if this was done every game, but this was clearly a 'one off' by enthusiastic fans, many of whom do live in the local area, and I'm sure no offence was meant.

I hope many of those who came to Champion Hill for the first time enjoyed the game, and come back next Saturday when we are at home to Worthing in the FA Cup, 3.00pm kick off.

Adults ?10. Concessions ?4 (Over 60s; 12 to 18s; full time students; unwaged; local NHS workers; 'blue light' members & serving members of the armed forces...all with relevant ID, if needed in that category) UNDER 12's ALWAYS FREE.

Yep stop whinging and whining on about a few posters.

Dulwich Hamlet is our very own local team. You can support them along with your own team.

Unless perhaps if they are meeting each other in one of the Pre-Season Friendlies. :)

Opposing fans mix together with friendly rivalry. Beer is allowed on the terraces for most games.

Great way to spend a Sat. afternoon or evening.

5-10 min walk from Lordship lane.

?10. ?4 Concessions.

Get down there. Support your Local Team. Stop winging and have a good day/night out.

Foxy.

Well I took down any remaining posters along Lordship Lane & around Goose Green toward Peckham Rye, that were relating to our game.

I was surprised to see quite a few stickers posted around, on lamp posts and bus stops, simply saying MASSAGE with a phone number.

I also noted a series of posters stuck to the railings at Gosse Green, and a few other spots, promoting Zippo's Circus.

I await complaints about these, or do people just complain about our Football Club?