Cafe G... When is it opening?

They are emphasising FREE Parking.

Free Parking & Gymboree entrance ? our entrance is on ?The Gardens? next to ?The Gardens Dental Practice.?

There is free parking in the surrounding residential streets.

In an area where Parking is already congested.

Shows they have very little concern for local residents.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They are emphasising FREE Parking.

>

>

> Free Parking & Gymboree entrance ? our entrance

> is on ?The Gardens? next to ?The Gardens Dental

> Practice.?

> There is free parking in the surrounding

> residential streets.

>

> In an area where Parking is already congested.

>

> Shows they have very little concern for local

> residents.

>

> DulwichFox

Yeah, let's have no local businesses or ameneties, then EVERYONE will be able to park.

Flash backs of having to endure that hell hole ......GAMBARDO's

God, how i'm glad my boys have passed this stage, dealing with teenage boys is way easier

Appols if you're about to enter, or are in the "soft play" stage. It's a right of passage, I suppose

healey Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > They are emphasising FREE Parking.

> >

> >

> > Free Parking & Gymboree entrance ? our

> entrance

> > is on ?The Gardens? next to ?The Gardens Dental

> > Practice.?

> > There is free parking in the surrounding

> > residential streets.

> >

> > In an area where Parking is already congested.

> >

> > Shows they have very little concern for local

> > residents.

> >

> > DulwichFox

>

> Yeah, let's have no local businesses or ameneties,

> then EVERYONE will be able to park.

Why do so many people find it necessary to drive everywhere?

When I was a little lad and lived in Peckham. We would walk up

Peckham Hill Street , up Rye Lane to the White Horse Pub Garden.

No kids in Pub in those days.

My parents would have 1 drink and we would then walk back home again.

a good couple of miles there and back.

Ok so if you have very young children and need to use a buggy, all the ones I have seen

have wheels. There is a good reason why they have wheels.

So you can PUSH them. They use to be called Push chairs.

So get out , go for a walk, get some exercise. Leave the car at home.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> > > In an area where Parking is already

> congested.

> > >

> > > Shows they have very little concern for

> local

> > > residents.

> > >

> > > DulwichFox

> >

>

> So get out , go for a walk, get some exercise.

> Leave the car at home.

>

> DulwichFox

erm, DulwichFox, if as you rightly point out there's not a great deal of need for a car round here, why do you mind about the parking??

We're not a car household, so not sure why I'm getting involved either, to be fair...

Who are you complaining to / about? No one who lives nearby has suggested the customers are creating any excess parking stress. This is beyond a non-issue. As you suggest most people probably do arrive on foot with perhaps a few coming by car due to personal circumstance.

The area around the Gardens is usually very hard to park in. I attend the Garden's Surgery and my appointments are in the morning so I drive to work afterwards Usually takes about 10 mins to find a parking space that is not over someone's cross over or yellow line. Easier in the evenings as the commuters who park early to get the bus to Peckham Station have gone.

ultraburner Wrote:

> Got to agree NewWave. And caf? "G" for a name...?

> This is Peckham though so who knows.

>

> Good luck to the people putting the effort in, I

> hope it runs well as a business for you.

There's a (different) Cafe G in Margate .. ad it looks quite posh

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All - Cafe G. calling

Phew - it has taken slightly longer than we envisaged but we are now gearing up to opening next weekend.

While it is correct that we have Gymboree for children aged 1-5 at the rear of building - we really wanted the Cafe to be able stand up on its own 2 feet so to speak. With this in mind we have thought very carefully and have tried our best to create a community space that while being attractive to little people also very much caters to mums, dads, joggers, commuters, dog walkers, serious coffee drinkers and the footballers in the park.

We also set out to be sympathetic and do justice to a handsome local landmark. One of the reasons the refurbishment took a while is that we have used local carpenters (Kersley and Alan) to fashion beautiful wooden counters and table tops all by hand. Inside you will also find white porcelain tiles, copper lighting, grey accents and splashes of fun orange together with the odd art deco touch. Simon (a local Peckham sign writer) hand painted the sign replacing the cheap plastic one from the previous cafe. We will be installing a traditional Victorian awning onto the frontage on Monday.

What will be on offer? Well initially we will be baking on the premises, artisan breads and a wide selection of drinks including alcohol. We do not want to run before we can walk and so gradually we will be adding home made gourmet ice cream and a day menu. Our chefs have been working in the background for the past 4 months and are now champing at the bit to start. Our Baristas have already been practicing for a week and we will be handing out invitations to our patient neighbour's to join us for coffees this week to assist with team training.

We are all very excited at the prospect of finally opening our doors to the local community after all of these months of preparation. The journey thus far has taken many months of ups and downs but also just beginning. We will be open fully Saturday 4th of October 2014.

B regards

Debbie Corbett and Charlotte Endacott