Thrown off the P13 bus today..

Tea_drinker

Just to put the other side of this argument......without excusing rudeness....

I have been a PCV driver, and its 'orrible being the only person available for "customers" to focus upon. Everybody wants their personal demands met, all day long. Late people want the driver to not drive away until they are on, people on the bus want the driver to not wait and drive on. People want to eat their meals and drink on the bus, leave their litter (so the driver passes the whole shift on a bus that stinks)..and so on... and so on. If there is trouble, the driver has to "deal with it" in some way. Then there's the fare dodgers, the 4x4 pram drivers, and the people with a crap attitude towards any public service.

Its hard to be optimistic when dealing with the public all day.

Today, I was on a 37 bus returning from Brixton; somebodies child was sick all over the floor, and left without informing the driver. The driver reacted to the responses of the other passengers, and seeing what had happened he had to make a decision to return to the garage, because it was very clearly a possible cause of a slip by other passengers. So we had to get off and people berated him, and rudely.

Driving buses requires a very thick skin...but hopefully no rudeness.

R Gutsell

You weren't really "thrown" off the bus though were you? The driver simply refused to carry you and your goods. Sounds to me that although you're complaining about his manner perhaps yours wasn't the most friendly either. Works both ways you know and at the end of the day if the driver refuses to take a passenger on board, for whatever reason, they are perfectly within their rights to do so - yes it's true!

It varies.

Once a disabled girl tried to get on - the disabled entry didn't work

so she told the driver he had to stop the bus until it was fixed by law.

And she was right - everybody off.

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You weren't really "thrown" off the bus though

> were you? The driver simply refused to carry you

> and your goods. Sounds to me that although you're

> complaining about his manner perhaps yours wasn't

> the most friendly either. Works both ways you

> know and at the end of the day if the driver

> refuses to take a passenger on board, for whatever

> reason, they are perfectly within their rights to

> do so - yes it's true!

Really feel for you TeaD, it's shocking when they yell at you and don't give explanation. Doesn't sound to me like you didn't do anything wrong in response.

(Adonirum - kinda sad that you feel the need to go through peoples' previous posts and try stitch up a narrative. Who does that?!

KalamityKel - taking Adronirum's advice, perhaps you should find something better to do with your ample time than pollute the forum with your frequent vitriol. Six thousand posts!)

Also R Gustell - agree. My dad used to drive buses and he said it was like being a social worker at times! He loved it though, and took pride and dignity if he had to show the rule book.

There's a sweet driver who does the P13 run who says 'hello' to everyone who gets on and genuinely looks like he loves his job. I salute those people.

poppet27 "There's a sweet driver who does the P13 run who says 'hello' to everyone who gets on and genuinely looks like he loves his job. I salute those people"

I have heard quite a few good things about a particular P13 driver ...he is of Chinese origin ....& his customer service is impeccable... now he sounds like a good man.

poppet27 I have not gone through peoples' previous posts, it was that particular post(which I quoted) that had stuck in my mind because of its' vitriolic undertones towards, quite frankly, all of the rest of us who post on this forum. I will concede that I did then refer to it in order to quote it verbatim ,but by actually looking at the thread itself rather than Tea_drinkers' history.It was a thread to which I had contributed, which is also why I brought it to mind.

KalamityKel wrote:

You weren't really "thrown" off the bus though were you? The driver simply refused to carry you and your goods. Sounds to me that although you're complaining about his manner perhaps yours wasn't the most friendly either. Works both ways you know and at the end of the day if the driver refuses to take a passenger on board, for whatever reason, they are perfectly within their rights to do so - yes it's true!

Sorry, where in the OP does "thrown" appear? I can't see it anywhere.

monkeylite Wrote:

> Abellio are the worst. Throws people off all the

> time unexpectedly after revising the destination,

> and more than once, refused to give onward tickets

> - meaning we had to pay twice to get to our

> destination.

A Bus Inspector buddy told me that should for any reason a passenger's journey be terminated early through no fault of his/her own, the driver MUST issue a "transfer ticket". However, he works for a different bus company.

poppet27 Wrote:

> (Adonirum - kinda sad that you feel the need to go

> through peoples' previous posts and try stitch up

> a narrative. Who does that?!

> KalamityKel - taking Adronirum's advice, perhaps

> you should find something better to do with your

> ample time than pollute the forum with your

> frequent vitriol. Six thousand posts!)

>

Excuse me? Step away from the computer and keep your pathetic insults to yourself!

JohnL wrote:

>It varies.

>Once a disabled girl tried to get on - the disabled entry didn't work

>so she told the driver he had to stop the bus until it was fixed by law.

>And she was right - everybody off.

Technically yes but the pressure put on all companies to provide the service they contract to without risk of being fined this is often ignored. Bus drivers are often placed in difficult situations where the bus is found to be faulty - doors, ramp etc not working even dodgy hand rails - They still have to drive the bus in service under the instruction of the controllers and engineers.

The 40 bus is a classic example of this with poor maintenance - rear doors continuously have issues opening.