Orange no reception for 3 days

bonniebird

Ok I'm near Honor Oak but I have had hardly any mobile phone reception for the last 3 days, it says emergency calls only, not registered on network, can't send or recieve texts, then it comes on with 1 bar so I lose reception again, is anyone else having trouble with their Orange phone? It's driving me nuts!

I think a lot of providers signals are crap at this end. Having been with O2 for 13 years and having no problems in our ED flat for 4 years something just happened one day. Spent a year with barely any signal until my contract was up and moved to Three (after thinking about EE - phew!) and couldn't be happier. Free 4G and data allowances that really are unlimited. Highly recommend them to those thinking of changing.

I have near zero EE reception at home having moved to their 4G from Orange. In theory , same business different brand but the Orange tarrif used to be excellent and had best overall UK coverage. Post T Mobile merger and Offcom forced them to close a load of masts including a few close to Dulwich. Result is patchy coverage, a high drop out rate on calls and a customer service team unwilling to do much more. The 4G never worked for me locally so I've flicked it back to 2/3G mode and get 1 bar max on that if I'm lucky. A shame as its totally destroyed the longstanding faith I had in the brand. I've spent hours on the phone trying to get a signal booster box to work which i had to pay for. It doesn't work. And now, totally fed up, I'm moving our entire business spend to another network.

I've unlocked my EE phone (at an EE shop for ?10) and plan to buy 4 different pay as you go sims, try out each at home and at work and them move all our handsets onto that. I'm hearing good things about O2 service wise but post above suggests Dulwich coverage issues - anyone else have problems?

When I called Orange twice last week, they said nothing about masts or coverage in the area, they just got me to try other peoples Orange sim cards in my phone etc etc, but no ones worked, as the coverage on my phone is fine away from my house, I thought it was a mast problem, but they kept saying it wasn't, I felt they were fobbing me off! I've always had very good coverage, but I think I'll have to change, thanks for confirming what I thought everyone :) very annoying though!

I'm going to change to Vodafone I think, my boyfriend is with them and gets great coverage everywhere.

Even in the west end where I work I keep suddenly loosing calls on orange.

I went into Carphone warehouse to see the various alternative options (after a pushy salesman in EE started trying to blind me with science in order to get me to swap to them. Luckily a friend of mine who works in telecoms was able to decifer the jargon and convince me not to sign up for something which was probably wouldn't be any improvement.)

And it seems that most contracts with the major networks work out more or less the same.

As previously mentioned its a great shame that Orange who I've been loyal to since they first started are now going to lose my goodwill

There's no point in being loyal these days. The providers really don't care like they used to, much like the insurance markets. They know that the attrition rates balance out so there isn't a financial reason to try and keep you.

TBH I don't think there's a decent provider out there. I had Vodafone for two years and their coverage was dire. I switched to 3 and bought myself out of the contract as I had no reception anywhere. EE (Orange as was) had decent reception where I lived so I stuck with them but they are bloody awful to deal with. I work a little with comms companies and it's a hateful industry.

There is still a massive EE blackspot between LL and Dulwich Village that affects many of the streets in that area. After hours on the phone they've acknowledged this and finally released me from a long contract early with a PAC code to take my business elsewhere. A new generation of Wifi calling is due across most networks soon which will fix some issues but I cant wait long enough for that.

Final straw was sellotaping my Samsung S4 to my bedroom window last week to get 1 bar of EE signal whilst waiting for a call from the hospital re. some new arrivals.

GinaG3 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think a lot of providers signals are crap at

> this end. Having been with O2 for 13 years and

> having no problems in our ED flat for 4 years

> something just happened one day. Spent a year with

> barely any signal until my contract was up and

> moved to Three (after thinking about EE - phew!)

> and couldn't be happier. Free 4G and data

> allowances that really are unlimited. Highly

> recommend them to those thinking of changing.

I'm glad Three works for you, as I live very close to you I've been considering moving from Virgin who use the EE network to them. However, I would say since the double glazing was installed 8 years ago, mobile signals in general have been bloody awful on the LLE.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've unlocked my EE phone (at an EE shop for ?10)

> and plan to buy 4 different pay as you go sims,

> try out each at home and at work and them move all

> our handsets onto that. I'm hearing good things

> about O2 service wise but post above suggests

> Dulwich coverage issues - anyone else have

> problems?

MrBen did you reach any conclusions?