Magdala changing ownership

kels

I heard it from a staff member! When I asked them who had bought it, the person replied, the boss won't tell us. Some Business man looking to develop it. Furniture was also being shifted out today - what looked like a bit of a tidy up.

For those of us living behind/ within the vicinity of the pub we are very keen on knowing who/ what etc...

...that's the problem, that's all I know. i.e that it has allegedly been sold. Rumours a few months back was that several chains were interested in getting in on the ED strip. The staff member distinctly said it was a private businessman, but that's all he knew. Maybe another Gastro-pub awaits us....Perhaps the patrons might be a slightly less rowdy? who knows. It was one of the last remaining "old Codger" hangouts. Oh and Trivia night is gone...Peace on Sundays for a while....

I personally am a big fan of the Mag. Nowhere else has sport on like it, with a good atmosphere.

its closing for a referb around the 8th July.

The manager could not say who was taking over as he himself has not been told.

For some people who are being made redundant its their livelyhood and home. I bet noone is giving them a second thought!

Bummer. Why can't they just keep the old staff on or are there some grand plans for the place? Or is it some big pub-co taking over who will intall waitrons and bartrons to sell overpriced beer and prefabricated food?

Anyway I wonder if they will have opened up again by 26 July and wil still be serving pizza for a certain pub crawl that is happening.

Happening without me!!! :(

I like the Mag, it's a bit noisey because of the acoustics in the building, but it's always been friendly, and the pizza is good.

Saying that, I loved it before, it was by a mile the naffest, dingiest place around, superb!

This is bad news. It clearly has the most attractive bar staff in East Dulwich and can only hope they are kept on.

How many times has this place changed hands over the last few years? Seems to have changed every year or so.

Their busiest night was comedy club night and they stopped it, and it was the only thing that seperated them from all the other pubs.

When the forum had their monthly 'do' it was difficult to hold a conversation, as the noise from their sound system drowned everything out.

I feel that almost any change in the management structure, would be an improvement.