re 37 bus accident this morning (26th Sept)

nlem

Hello - I was upstairs on the 37 bus accident this morning, hope everyone else on the bus is doing okay! It's a weird request, but there were a few people taking photos of the bus afterwards on their phones, and I wondering if anyone would mine PMing me a copy. (I've got it burnt on my brain a bit and I think seeing a photo will help shift it quicker) Thanks x

I was in shock but my brain is naturally retraining its self that anything unexpected is not a physical threat.

A big thumbs up for the people of East Dulwich though - I've had a few encounters with folk on the streets whilst acting like a mad women trying to go about my normal activities and everyone has been very accepting and kind!

Nobody was injured as far as I know, which is amazing. The bus drove into an elbow of a lorry arm (think cherry picker without a basket) smashing through a upstairs window and pulling it through the rest.

Alex K Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh, good heavens. That could have crushed /

> decapitated an entire deckful of passengers. Were

> you up or down?

Really helpful, Alex K.

Espec after the Op wrote.."I was in shock but my brain is naturally retraining its self that anything unexpected is not a physical threat."

It's fine - let's not be mean to each other! I was upstairs, but I don't think the downstairs people got an easy ride of it either. I'm not sure why I'm the only bus passenger talking about it here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who freaked out (but maybe!)

Hi nlem

I was upstairs on the 37 on Friday and was one of the ones taken to A&E - nothing serious, just a few bumps and bruises and shock!

To the women and nurse from the school opposite who made sure I was ok and called an ambulance, I didn't catch your names but thank you so much - not quite what you expect to happen on a Friday morning commute!

I didn't manage to take any pics but found this on Twitter from @zgreen_xx - hope it helps in some way.

I have no idea whether the bus driver was at fault in the accident described on this thread, but I was on a 37 (ie the same bus route) late on Sunday night and the driving was so dangerous that I have reported it to the bus company.

The driver drove much too fast for most of the journey from Putney to ED, sometimes on the wrong side of the road, and had several near misses. It was quite frightening.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of thing? Have they got recruitment problems, or something?

aquarius moon Wrote:

> I use the 37 every day & only rarely have I

> noticed speeding, obviously when the driver is

> running late.

>

xxxxx

This driver wasn't running late. It was one of the last few buses of the night, and it arrived at Putney station more or less at the time advertised on the bus stop.

Sue Wrote:

> aquarius moon Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> xxxxx

>

> This driver wasn't running late. It was one of the

> last few buses of the night, and it arrived at

> Putney station more or less at the time advertised

> on the bus stop.

If he was speeding, but arrived in Putney at the correct time, he must've been running late.

Otherwise he'd have arrived early & if he hadn't put his foot down, would've arrived late!

:)

aquarius moon Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> -----

> > aquarius moon Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > xxxxx

> >

> > This driver wasn't running late. It was one of

> the

> > last few buses of the night, and it arrived at

> > Putney station more or less at the time

> advertised

> > on the bus stop.

>

>

> If he was speeding, but arrived in Putney at the

> correct time, he must've been running late.

> Otherwise he'd have arrived early & if he hadn't

> put his foot down, would've arrived late!

> :)

XXXXXX

Eh? The bus starts at Putney Heath. We got on at Putney Station, about two stops later. It was travelling to Peckham. The speeding was between Putney and ED. I imagine he was anxious to finish his shift and get home.