Reach of ED forum/Other forums?

niki_nje

This may be sacrilege but I was wondering firstly how "East Dulwich" this forum is? I.e. how many far a reach does the forum have? I'm sure bordering Peckham people must be here.

This leads to my second question which is, are there any other forums as good as this one for "local" i.e. just outside of ED areas? Although I live near Goose Green I wouldn't mind travelling a little to find good stuff in other areas, and I wonder if it is all captured here, does that make sense>

1. Peckham, Camberwell, Nunhead, Forest Hill, Sydenham, Penge, Herne Hill, Crystal Palace and probably other places.

And that's just the discussion sections. The for sale sections get used by people all over the place, I've agreed to buy / sell things before and ended up going to Clapham / Balham to collect / drop off.

2. There are some decent forums, but nothing anywhere near as big and busy as this.

I'm in Sydenham now, but lived in East Dulwich for 25 years and still have family in the area. So I still activity engage in this Forum, mainly for news about the area and great topics of discussion. Not the silly gossiping or moaning though!

Sydenham forum is obviously more relevant to me, otta is right it's not on the same scale of EDF but very active.

There is a great campaign at the moment to restore one of our local pubs, and the forum is providing a great platform for this.

I would imagine I'm not the only person to cross forums locally.

I've been advertising a wills and attorneys service on the EDF and so far have had clients in ED, Herne Hill, Brockley, Nunhead, Brixton, Telegraph Hill, Sydenham, Dulwich Village, West Dulwich, Tulse Hill, West Norwood, Streatham, Catford, Camberwell, Oval, Lewisham and Leigh - on - Sea ( granted that was someone's gran!) a surprisingly wide reach.

TBH I technically moved out of ED a few years ago... but have always been just a couple of minutes walk over the border (SE5 and now SE15) so it's still very much my neighbourhood. What goes on in SE22 effects us border-dwellers just as much as what's going on in Camberwell or Peckham..

I would argue (well, I would wouldn't I) that despite most people not knowing anything about those posters (or the many many other early prolific denizens such as mike paleologous, dulwich mum, bagouss etc) this forum would be a fraction of what it is today

I shall raise a whiskey in their direction this evening

Forest Hill, top end, so I regularly follow this forum as I'm always going to or through ED and I'm interested in the surrounding area. I haven't commented before, I won't often unless I've got something useful to contribute. I also participate in the SE23 forum which has quite a different flavour to this one (less humorous but not bad; very good on transport and utilities issues).

I am in Sydenham and used the local forum to investigate the history of the house I bought there.

I was then contacted from California by the great-grand-daughter of the man who built the house in the 1880s and she has since been to visit and brought photos from those days.

That's quite a reach - you clearly never know who's watching the forums!

Newboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am in Sydenham and used the local forum to

> investigate the history of the house I bought

> there.

> I was then contacted from California by the

> great-grand-daughter of the man who built the

> house in the 1880s and she has since been to visit

> and brought photos from those days.

> That's quite a reach - you clearly never know

> who's watching the forums!

That's an incredible story!