FAO 60-something man with small Jack Russell dog

I was in my bathroom on CPR and have just seen your dog crapping by the tree outside 236 Crystal Palace Road. You did too, as you bent down to check that your little white and black pooch had indeed done his/her business. You're wearing blue jeans and a black leather coat. You're a smoker. Kindly come back and remove your dog's turds. Thanks.

KK: About 12.10pm

Nigello: Normally I would - and have - but I was starkers at the time. I wouldn't inflict that on anyone.

magnificentstan: Glad to hear you clean up - thanks - but many others don't.

Just so we're clear, I love dogs and I'm not a curtain-twitcher. Just sick of the amount of turds on the pavements. You feed a dog, play with it, pay its vets bills, take it for walks... so PLEASE clean up after it, too. It takes 5 seconds, plus maybe another minute until you can put the mess in a bin. Not a big ask.

"As a dog owner, I'm also disgusted by the amount of poo on the streets. But I'm equally disturbed when overly suspicious neighbours and passersby stop and watch me to make sure I'm picking up after my dog - which I do, 100% of the time."

Ha ha.

I pick up for my beast too.

A few weeks ago a woman approached me and told me to pick up 'my' dog's poo. It was somebody else's dog, a big, rough looking geezah who was strolling ahead of his dog. I pointed-out she should go approach the guy and tell him before he gets too far away.

She suddenly lost all interest.

Dumpertruck and others,

The council will spray bright yellow "Bag it and bin it" signs, complete with defecating hound, if you tell them of a recurrent problem. It's not a great help but it's something: 020 7525 2000 and press 1 for "anti-social behaviour" I think.

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dumpertruck and others,

>

> The council will spray bright yellow "Bag it and

> bin it" signs, complete with defecating hound, if

> you tell them of a recurrent problem. It's not a

> great help but it's something: 020 7525 2000 and

> press 1 for "anti-social behaviour" I think.

It would be far better if they sprayed the owners and dogs in bright yellow.

I posted a little while ago as I was really fed up at the amount of dog fouling in Melbourne Grove. It was happening on a daily basis - and although the council were very good about coming and clearing it up - it was a massive waste of their time and it wasn't sorting out the problem.

After my post on the forum, I was contacted by a member of the local community warden team who were amazing. They got on the case, visited my road and caught the dog in action and fined the man walking the dog. I guess that was about a month ago. It's been dog-mess free until today - so a massive, massive improvement and I am very grateful.

To make an official report to the community warden team, call 0207 525 5846 and they might be able to help. Otherwise, it's a question of filling in the form on the Southwark Council website and they will clear it up.