Stabbing on crystal palace road.

Bad news- somebody stabbed at east dulwich road end by traffic lights. Police shut road down and wouldn't say how serious but given an hour later it was still locked down with detectives there (assume man in blazer eating Mars bar in the middle of the scene and ordering people about was a detective) guess it's pretty serious.

Anybody know more?

Hopefully not fatal to too bad.

I saw the road closed off when coming out of dulwich leisure centre at 1pm, i also saw a helicopter on peckham rye which must have been an air ambulance. Absolutely terrible and to think It was in broad daylight, thoughts to the families and victim.

Any updates on this incident?

Hope it wasn't a bad outcome.

The Police do like to shut down roads when there is any kind of accident/incident. This can lead to traffic chaos on either side of the incident/accident.

Happened in Lewisham on Friday around 3.15pm when the whole of Lewisham and surrounding areas came to a standstill because of an accident that could have easily been moved on.

Car and van loads of police were on the scene within half an hour but didn't seem able or any way inclined to help move the traffic and bus loads of passengers along their way. Too busy on their phones or adjusting their jackets and just contemplating it as an everyday occurrence!

Daughter and myself were on a P4 bus but had to get off and walk ages away from the scene just to get home.

Really?

So is it really appropriate to use a thread about a tragic local incident to make some general criticism of the police's approach to crime scenes. If you ask me (and I appreciate you didn't), that speaks of a degree of selfishness which is really repugnant, even for some of the lows of this lovely forum.

Also, even putting to one side the fact that Minder's comments about traffic disruption were piggy-backed onto a thread about a stabbing (you know, with a knife where someone's sister/brother/mother/father gets cut open deliberately by someone else), I work with the consequences of accidents and I would hope the general public could be a bit more forgiving about the need for the police to investigate them thoroughly or clean up properly before allowing traffic to continue (particularly as important skidmarks and other detritus on the road might need to be investigated by an experienced police collision investigator rather than a local Lewisham bobby).

But yeah, probably a bit harsh.

Rah rah rah, I wouldn't read too much into that. I saw a stabbing on a bus in East London in 2012 and spent days looking for a news report about it because I was so worried about the victim and had no way of knowing what had happened to him (poor kid) but nothing ever appeared on any online media.

Fingers crossed you're right though and there was no stabbing. If not, my heart goes out to the victim and their family.

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can't find any news about this incident. Are you

> sure it was a stabbing?

I guess only fatal stabbings or ones where the victim is seriously injured make the news in London.

minder Wrote:

>

> The Police do like to shut down roads when there

> is any kind of accident/incident. This can lead

> to traffic chaos on either side of the

> incident/accident.

>

It's not a case of police *liking* to do this - they have to treat the area as a crime scene/murder scene (and preserve forensic evidence) until they know otherwise - their in constant contact with the police who accompany the victim to A&E to get updates on how the victim is (would drive me barmy in A&E as they'd be asking almost as soon as the patient walked in as to how they were going to be, but once you know they've taped half the local roads off I could understand the sense of urgency!).

Rather than moaning about the police response to the incident, think it should be the perpetrator(s) you blame for your inconvenience.

buggie Wrote:

> Rather than moaning about the police response to

> the incident, think it should be the

> perpetrator(s) you blame for your inconvenience.

Indeed.

The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't, it seems.

And meantime, please remember somebody has apparently been stabbed - which rather overshadows any inconvenience to others, I feel.

There I was asking for an update on the original post, which nobody had replied to for a while and hoping everything was ok and I'm selfish, repugnant, low, off topic and insensitive and don't know what a stabbing is. You can't win on this forum.

I picked up on the original poster's comments about the Police shutting roads down.

Of course they have to investigate a crime scene but surely also keep the traffic moving too?

With the incident in Lewisham (somebody had come off their pushbike whether pushed, fell, hit by something I don't know) but there were elderly people and people with young children just stranded with nowhere to go for ages.

And Sue, I think you've misconstrued buggie's comments as if I was in traffic at the stabbing incident. I wasn't.

And yes, Otta, let's hope it's good news.

Minder - no, it was clear from your post that you were commenting on an incident in Lewisham and making a general point about the police response to such incidents.

I was responding to Buggie's point that the perpetrators are the root cause of whatever happens, and also criticisms of the police response.

Sorry if you felt I was getting at you personally.

Does it really matter?

Not sure if these are linked being two days apart.

2nd November 3:56 PM

‏@MPSinthesky

Peckham area. Assisted to search for a missing female @MPSSouthwark

Today

@MPSSouthwark

Several units involved in a search for a lost 4 year old in Peckham Rye Park.

Successfully reunited with mother :) ^KJR