How does one get a stall on North Cross Road Market?

I agree it's not easy getting a slot - my partner wanted to sell wine glasses, tumblrs and wine related accessories in the run up to Christmas and was told there were already people doing that. Uhhhm where? And in case someone from 'the powers', is reading this post - can't you make the market a little more, I don't, better....? I mean more like Brockley Market etc - filled with A LOT OF NICE THINGS particularly more food stalls? because quite frankly I think ours is an embarrassment compared to others nearby.

Beej Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I agree it's not easy getting a slot - my partner

> wanted to sell wine glasses, tumblrs and wine

> related accessories in the run up to Christmas and

> was told there were already people doing that.

> Uhhhm where? And in case someone from 'the

> powers', is reading this post - can't you make the

> market a little more, I don't, better....? I mean

> more like Brockley Market etc - filled with A LOT

> OF NICE THINGS particularly more food stalls?

> because quite frankly I think ours is an

> embarrassment compared to others nearby.

But there are loads of food stalls!

It isn't a farmers' market!

I wish it was a farmer's market! But anyway it's just my personal opinion, Brockley Market's way cooler and the market stall holders are way better looking so I buy more http://brockleymarket.com/gallery_newmarket.php

and North Cross food? Hot dogs, diner food, hog roast, Vietnamese food and Mexican food - and have you have to ask what's missing? I don't want to get overly negative, cause I'm genuinely glad it's there, I just wish it was a little more vibrant and colourful and inclusive of lots of different artisan makers and producers instead of just 'no, one bakery is enough, thank you'

I have also enquired about having a stall for my silver prints keepsakes but have been told I wouldn't get one as there is already a jewellery stall. I wonder if we could petition for a community stall which could be booked by people living locally for a one off or something similar?

Beej Wrote:

> I wish it was a farmer's market! But anyway it's

> just my personal opinion, Brockley Market's way

> cooler and the market stall holders are way better

> looking so I buy more

> http://brockleymarket.com/gallery_newmarket.php

>

> and North Cross food? Hot dogs, diner food, hog

> roast, Vietnamese food and Mexican food - and have

> you have to ask what's missing? I don't want to

> get overly negative, cause I'm genuinely glad it's

> there, I just wish it was a little more vibrant

> and colourful and inclusive of lots of different

> artisan makers and producers instead of just 'no,

> one bakery is enough, thank you'

Watched your Brockley Market video..you said 'you have to ask what's missing'..well, I think I win the prize...is it a table full of meat pies? Because all the other produce..fresh fish, cheese, fruit and veg, hand made icecream, good meat, flowers and plants, bread, homemade cakes, etc is all represented either in NXRoad or a few yards away on Lordship Lane.

We also have stalls that sell antiques, retro furniture, retro clothes, fresh popcorn, hand made pottery, children's clothes, a bookstall, amazing rugs,as well as the fantastic shops that line NXR. Plus, its open ALL DAY not for 4 hours.

And it's a local road, not a massive carpark and, as Jeremy says.."We already have lots of other places to eat locally, I don't see the need for twenty food trucks to roll up every weekend".

I can understand the frustration for some people of not being able to get a stall but don't understand your slagging off of not only the market but also the stallholders.

Why not just shop at Brockwell Market?

Ha ha ha - only asking what you think is missing because you hadn't been specific about your proposed food offering additions but HAD been specific in damning North X market. I can understand dissatisfaction obviously but my question was the obvious (not really answered, yet) one.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Hot dogs, diner food, hog roast, Vietnamese food

> and I think Mexican food - all hot.

> Then you've bakery, deli, pasta, sausage/wurst.

>

> What food d'ya think is missing ?

xxxxx

Cheese and fish, as well. Also honey. And fudge. And popcorn :))

ETA: And the stall with the fantastic pies and Scotch eggs .....