Update (coat) Stolen from the Bishop Saturday evening 8th Nov

Anna27

Right so I know this is a long shot but I was out on Saturday evening celebrating a friends birthday, we were sitting in the alcove by the front window all night (one to the left as you walk in the door), a few of our coats were grouped together on the seating benches close to the door. When I came to leave my coat was missing, I had just popped outside for 15 mins with a friend for a cigarette, my coat was still there at this point, this was around closing time. If it was just my cheap Topshop coat I probably wouldn't be posting this.

Please be vigilant I suppose after a few drinks we all let our guard down but it's not pleasant having the things we work so hard for taken.

WHISTLES Animal print coat (brown & black leopard print), yes it's expensive and I probably shouldn't have worn it to the pub but its not about the money it's my favourite coat that I saved up for and I'm pretty annoyed that someone has just walked out with it. You can't get hold of it anymore.

I checked the pub that night the staff have been really helpful and I'm going in to check the CCTV Monday. None of our friends went home with it so I can only assume it has been stolen or mistakenly taken home.

Please, PLEASE if anyone discovers a coat matching this description can you hand it back into the Bishop or PM me.

I will be eternally grateful!! Ended a rather nice evening out on a bitter note...

Thanks

I hope you find your coat Anna. It's not nice when something is stolen when you're having a relaxing time with friends but that's just when thieves are out and about.

Hope you find something on the CCTV.

Just an after-thought about your comments about Topshop being cheap. I went to Brixton today looking for a coat and found Topshop very tempting with their coats at ?89 but resisted!

I agree Minder Topshop seem to have increased their prices! I'm a less is more girl so I tend to maybe buy a more expensive one and look after it, like my whistles one :( I know its only a coat but it was probably worth more than the average handbag, well mine anyway!

The CCTV is going to make embarrassing viewing! With 2 young kids I don't get out much.

Definitely going to keep an eye on eBay etc.. Thanks

CCTV showed that a friend of a friend left The Bishop at around 1.50am, turns out he was so drunk he just picked up the coat next to him for some reason unknown to him! Unfortunately he was also so drunk that he didn't make his way straight home and randomly ended up in camberwell. So somewhere between ED and camberwell is my coat!

If anyone finds a whistles coat its mine, probably long gone? I've checked the local kebab and taxi firm, no luck!

Glad I found out who picked it up though, still hope to be reunited :(